Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. I am moving slow. We got the bales unloaded and stacked, They got the 2 big wagons loaded up, fit another 251 bales on them. Shuffled around equipment and they are on the wagons in the shed. We don't have room for both all of the hay in the corn crib.... but we'll figure it out. My goal for the year to feed the critters was 800 bales, we have 937. :weee Granted some isn't the best quality but we've been able to mix it up a bit and can feed them plenty so they maintain. I fed some of it this morning, everyone dug in except DH and Mom's old geldings... :rolleyes: They'll eat it or starve. 3rd cutting we'll have some to pay the hay help and perhaps some to sell.
Looks like rain this morning.. let the kids sleep in. Need to clean the house and work on the bunny cages. Getting a few sold.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great job on the hay PA!! Nice to know your winter feed is in house!

So, Bay, was BJ in the kitchen rustling up your coffee??🤔 Maybe breakfast? Sweet man!

I have sunshine today!!!!:celebrate🥳😍 Finished job early and home to enjoy it. DS even cut the yard for me....wonder why....but appreciated! ;)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Got an inch of rain last night. The garden needed it. Think we will keep working on the housework, tattoo bunnies, perhaps mow the yard. DH went off to work, hopefully just a half a day. I think that he wants to unload the wagons...bushhog at the farm.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Unload the wagons! Superwoman, just be careful not to hurt yourself.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. I am moving slow. We got the bales unloaded and stacked, They got the 2 big wagons loaded up, fit another 251 bales on them. Shuffled around equipment and they are on the wagons in the shed. We don't have room for both all of the hay in the corn crib.... but we'll figure it out. My goal for the year to feed the critters was 800 bales, we have 937. :weee Granted some isn't the best quality but we've been able to mix it up a bit and can feed them plenty so they maintain. I fed some of it this morning, everyone dug in except DH and Mom's old geldings... :rolleyes: They'll eat it or starve. 3rd cutting we'll have some to pay the hay help and perhaps some to sell.
Looks like rain this morning.. let the kids sleep in. Need to clean the house and work on the bunny cages. Getting a few sold.
Yay, for the hay..... Up until about 10 years ago when the ankle and knee got unstable, I can well remember the loading and unloading and stacking and all that... and the moving s-l-o-w-l-y first thing in the morning.... My sympathies... But a barn full of hay sure looks good....

Latest posts