Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres I'm so sorry about Richie! Have you tried/read about forage based diets? I've been doing a ton of research for bringing my 24yo gelding back home, and it seems like the best for laminitis/Cushing's/other foot issues. Here's the website that got me started thinking about it: https://www.hoofrehab.com/Diet.html

I hope you find a system that works for him either way!
He's on a forage based diet....has always been. That's the issue we're running out of options to help him.... may try a combination of herbal supplements. It's not cheap though. Farrier has a couple more things to help when she trim... Short of constant use of bute he's still sore this year. Arthritis SUCKS!
Anyways we'll figure it out and figure that saying good bye is going to come too too soon.

Rainy this afternoon, not sure what we'll get done. Possibly working around the house. Have someone coming to see some bunnies... been messaging her none stop since Thursday. She wants a pair of VL but keeps asking the same things over and over, the information that is ON the website (18 is too many to pick from) I've sold to her before and she's not 100 percent mentally. So just trying to interpret her messages is a challenge. I am not letting anyone in the shed so take them out to the drive (hopefully it's not raining then... :oops:) Trying to be patient and accommodate her, need to sell a couple! Another new case of RHDV so staying home from National Convention. 23 more days until presentation... if they fail we'll be having lots of bunny in the freezer. At this point I'm ok with.

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He's on a forage based diet....has always been. That's the issue we're running out of options to help him.... may try a combination of herbal supplements. It's not cheap though. Farrier has a couple more things to help when she trim... Short of constant use of bute he's still sore this year. Arthritis SUCKS!
Anyways we'll figure it out and figure that saying good bye is going to come too too soon.

Rainy this afternoon, not sure what we'll get done. Possibly working around the house. Have someone coming to see some bunnies... been messaging her none stop since Thursday. She wants a pair of VL but keeps asking the same things over and over, the information that is ON the website (18 is too many to pick from) I've sold to her before and she's not 100 percent mentally. So just trying to interpret her messages is a challenge. I am not letting anyone in the shed so take them out to the drive (hopefully it's not raining then... :oops:) Trying to be patient and accommodate her, need to sell a couple! Another new case of RHDV so staying home from National Convention. 23 more days until presentation... if they fail we'll be having lots of bunny in the freezer. At this point I'm ok with.
I'm sorry about Richie. I hope some of the farrier stuff helps. :hugs

Good luck with the bunnies! And :fl no rain!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunny light breeze, nice morning and mid day. Started out heavy dew and intermittent fog..... AND it is the "season", SOOOOOO, of course I got my deer with the truck, early this year. 4 or 6 pt buck... busted the lens for the signal light on the right side of the truck... hair all in it, cracked the hard rubber piece on the bumper and put a dent in the fender... I caught sight of it out of the corner of my eye as it headed out into/across the road; after going past 2 others standing right along the road.... I was in the middle more, and left rubber on the road and had swerved to the left across the road.... 4 a.m. on a Sunday morning not any traffic luckily..... on my way to work of course..... might have messed up the alignment as it seems to pull just a little to the right, so I will see about getting it re-aligned.... will have to fix/replace the lens. :mad::th:somad:barnie:rant:rant. Thank goodness he did not come through the windshield or put his horns through the radiator....

I thought with a new month things would get a little better....

It is real nice out; but clouds and some rain coming in on the radar....most of the week....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Added to the list.... mower "dropped " on one side of the tractor underneath. Like a bolt or bracket came undone/off something. So it is back in the carport... got part done, but of course not all in front of the house as I was making the circles around everything.....the whole side is sitting on the ground so it was scalping one side and the other side seemed to be up where it should be....:th:th:th:hit:hit:hit:idunno:idunno:idunno. Called DS and asked if he could look at it..... He is baling hay as it was damp earlier due to the heavy dew from last night... sun didn't come out until 10 or so and then it had to dry it out. So, don't know what he did while I was at work, but he did get the steers delivered and then came up to bale. Hope he put the wagon load of sq bales in the barn when he couldn't bale earlier... Clouding up and feels muggier..... Definitely rain on the radar for later tonight....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
help him.... may try a combination of herbal supplements. It's not cheap though. Farrier has a couple more things to help when she trim... Short of constant use of bute he's still sore this year. Arthritis SUCKS!
Have you tried Buteless? It's got devil's claw for pain and liquid you can add to pellets. I've used it with decent results. Sorry he's got the problem.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
A friend and coworker let me know she's car shopping after a deer went through windshield of her SUV earlier in week.
Wow, they don't usually go through the windshield of taller vehicles. Moose on the other hand.

of course I got my deer with the truck,
:( Yeah, you needed just a bit more trauma in your life .... like you need a 3rd leg.

Latest posts