Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just to make a rainy day perfect --- NOT!

Here's what you don't want to find....and we're loading in a few to go to the vet. Had to know vet there soon....it's a great facility for large animal surgery. Better take the ckbk and plastic :old :rolleyes:. Been there a few times in past ...unfortunately.

No idea! And yes preggers. Due in 3 wks.

View attachment 95993View attachment 95994
Oh dear. Tell us how her treatment goes. A little prayer going out. There needs to be a hymn not only for those in peril on the sea but for those who raise stock large and small.
Raw, windy in the 40’s. Old ewe went down today. Gave supplements and calcium gluconate. Got that on the sheep, in the sheep and in my eye. Did it subcutaneously and managed to make all the mistakes short of injecting myself. Fed and watered her in place and put that ugly bathroom rug on her (hoping shame of being in proximity of the thing would make her move). Gabby’s scours have improved and after several wrestling matches got bottle lamb number two to nurse. She did everything but gator roll. I’m exhausted. Some days sheep are a breeze. Some days they’re hurricanish.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
TV report this morn. Suggesting egg shortage & high pricing compliments of large suppliers, in addition to the flu crap. Price gouging. Prob is some of it -- let's face it, eggs have been too cheap for too long. Milk also. I just HATE that everyone in processing is getting more than the farmer originating product!!

Buy direct people, support the people who do so much for so little. We all need to shout this on billboards. 🤨👍
:bow:bow:yesss::yesss::yesss:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got home. She's stitched and prob still numb...had some banamine there, so heavy pain & swelling headed off. Damage is external as far as function. Not sure how it happened but, in my mind, another goat could have done this. Tomorrow I'll take a clippers & file and check horns, blunt if needed. Plus walk field. She got antibiotics there and brought home, etc. Vet says she'll be sore few days but should heal up fine. She's bedded in the trailer for tonight. Food, water, etc. Close to house so I can check on her. She led in and out like a champ. Snored heavy while knocked out😂. Very rhythmic as I held her up on her sternum.

Vet gets a supply of colostrum and milk in Feb, as kiddings happen....for their emergencies, goats, foals, etc. Says he's almost out. He didn't chg emerg fee in exchange. Yeah, know him & all that. He'll get supplied.👍. If blood washed off, it looks pretty good! Sprayed with protector in 2nd pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20230125_173603379.jpg
    IMG_20230125_173603379.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230125_173633969_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230125_173633969_HDR.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning is going sideways in a bunch of little annoying ways.
Overslept just enough to make me rushed. Morning-fogged brain decided that today was a good day to make a big salad for lunch .. which made me a little bit later. Months ago the local garage 'fixed' my defroster fan by showing me which wires to jiggle under the dash (..... I know... I'd give ANYTHING for 1 honest mechanic within 50miles) and I had to stop before getting out of my drive to get that going again. At that point, I was going to JUST make it to work if NOTHING else happened. 5mins from the gate a text comes in - the scale operator also overslept and won't be in for 30mins or so. Clocked in 1 min late, opened the gate for the trucks to start pulling on the scale and rushed up to get the scale open for the day. Scale operator arrived and I rushed back to my office to gather all the data from yesterday's close to submit for my 7:30 call. Been up 2.5hrs and STILL haven't had coffee....
Call is over - scale is under control - COFFEE IS NEXT!

Latest posts