Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snow? I thought winter was over? It’s humid in the 80s here.
The end of winter on the calendar has nothing to do with reality here.

Our grazing days will be coming to an end soon
And mine won't really start for a month! With the snow melting, the alpacas are out "grazing" though there can't be anything to actually eat that they didn't already mow down in the fall.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Knowing your seasons and being able to anticipate weather s a gift that is given to those who have lived in the same place for several generations. If we were smart enough to listen to our grandparents. It is going to be hard moving to northeast Texas to learn the weather patterns, growing seasons, etc.
That's for sure! I remember when we moved here in '89 --- OMG the growing season whaaaa?!?! the plants - what the heck is that --- back then I could walk through a nursery and name every plant without looking for a name and know what, when, and where to plant. When we got here I had no clue -- felt like I'd moved to another planet!!
You'll do ok - you already know what's ahead!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to know "normal". But "normal" isn't anymore. 😵‍💫😞. Extreme weather, extreme people, extreme changes. DS did some fence repair for me yesterday -- also not normal:lol:. But appreciated.

Today a MUST force myself to go to work :he that or quit and not ready for that extreme today. :D =D. So, finish this coffee and go. Weather is 👍

Enjoy your day -- whatever it is. :D =D:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday we put up the wire on fence line between me and Peggy and Bennett. Over the last few weeks, we’ve set H braces, cleared brush at both ends, and cut trees. Yesterday we strung wire, almost 2 rolls. I walked 5.5 miles yesterday. I woke up at 1:00AM dogs were barking. Once I was awake, they shutup. I didn’t go back to sleep for several hours.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. I did my usual wake up at 2:30a. Found myself making lunch at 10:30 thinking it was noon o_O Smitty, King of the Ranch Dogs went back to work after taking a day off for a broken claw left front. Vet appt on Wednesday to check it and shots. I’m watching for infection but he’s keeping it clean so far. It broke off right at the toe and bled a bit. I can’t think how he did it. He’s still overweight and I want to investigate that again. Blood work was ok a year ago. He’s such an easy going, low maintenance dog it’s easy for me to overlook things. Planted asparagus, garlic and a few flowers.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. I did my usual wake up at 2:30a. Found myself making lunch at 10:30 thinking it was noon o_O Smitty, King of the Ranch Dogs went back to work after taking a day off for a broken claw left front. Vet appt on Wednesday to check it and shots. I’m watching for infection but he’s keeping it clean so far. It broke off right at the toe and bled a bit. I can’t think how he did it. He’s still overweight and I want to investigate that again. Blood work was ok a year ago. He’s such an easy going, low maintenance dog it’s easy for me to overlook things. Planted asparagus, garlic and a few flowers.

Hope Smitty’s broken off toe nail isn’t too big of an aggravation to him. Those can really hurt for a few days.
You planted stuff! Garden starting up!