Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mentioned in my journal, but will put it here if anyone is interested. As @Rabbitsbysara mentioned. grains and such are "all of a sudden" at an all time low in storage....Feed prices are going up, and will continue if soybeans and corn continue to go up. Soybeans were $10, then $ 12 a couple months ago when one of my farmers sold his on storage. Now they are $14 and the talk is they might even hit $20 by summer. Corn has gone up, not as much, but corn makes up ALOT of the tonnage in feed rations. I am filling my feed bin this week with layer, 2 1/2 tons; and DS is putting 4 ton of stocker pellets in the one at the barn for the calves we have on feed. We will feed out quite a bit of that as top dress on the corn silage for them, but hope to sell in late Feb/Mar so we aren't feeding them too long.
I am also getting the oil tank filled this week and he is filling the fuel tanks at the barn; because with the bad will that will come from Canada, from the total shut down of the Keystone XL pipeline, plus the different Indian Nations in Utah and New Mexico that are being affected from the moratorium on any activity on Federal lands, that they lease and or have supposed control of, there is going to quickly be increased prices as well as things getting in short supply. I remember the 70's with the gas shortages.... it is not going to be pretty.
But, they have seen saying all along that they were doing to do this and yet no one listened....Well, 74 million of us listened.... This rash of executive orders are going to hopefully wake up alot of the ones that didn't bother to research the agendas. The unions that supported Biden are now raising cane that he has shut down the pipeline since it was nearly all union jobs....

I cannot believe that so many are saying that they are not sure of what the cause is that India is having so many fewer and milder cases of this virus..... they are not willing to even give grudging positive press to the ivermectin. Tired of the total disregard for human life in the pursuit of the almighty $$$$$ here.
Research the talk that Dr Pierre Kory presented to the senate subcommittee not too long ago. The man was practically in tears begging the subcommittee to look at the amassed data he had on Ivermectin and the results. With hundreds of colleagues to back up his research and hundreds of different examples where it had been used.

And this is another form of "treatment" that has been around for a long time, used regularly for other treatments ....lice, parasites...... and CHEAP, with a wide margin for error in use.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
they are not willing to even give grudging positive press to the ivermectin. Tired of the total disregard for human life in the pursuit of the almighty $$$$$ here.

Y'know, it might not be about the money. The problem is that, any time a possible treatment gets mentioned in the press, people stampede to get their hands on it and take it (remember Trump and the hydroxychloroquine, which he insisted on taking when no study had ever even suggested that it might be useful prophylactically?)
Observational studies are all very well, but they can be biased; there are other ways in which the data can be compromised. For a study to be considered valid, other people need to get the same results when they do the steps described in the study, and this is proving difficult with ivermectin. In countries like India, with so many endemic diseases (including parasitic ones), just finding enough "clean" test subjects who haven't taken ivermectin for something or other to start a large-scale study is tricky enough, but then when you have holes in data collection, getting clear, meaningful results can be a nightmare. A lot of the studies that have been done are very small, or haven't been peer-reviewed, or have been withdrawn because of faulty data, etc. Before an authority makes a recommendation on a treatment, they want to be sure that it is safe and effective. When you feel that the only data you can absolutely trust is your own, and when, based on your own data, all you can really say is, "well, it shouldn't hurt . . . " :idunno That's hardly reason for a ringing endorsement.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I had Covid, I would try it. 2-3 doses, 2 days apart and supposedly you are done. Yes, I would do that instead of the current treatment and landing in a hospital, dying on a respirator. Heck, if it didn't work, I could always go get hooked up to what we already know more times than not, ends in death. I'm being a little facetious here, but it is my nature to make jokes when things get too serious. LOL

Not all Covid cases are that bad, not all end in death. But I should have the choice and that choice is not offered. Having had livestock, I use ivermectin on them. I've gotten it on me and suffered no ill effect. I know it absorbed into my skin, there is not always a sink to wash away the things that get on you when working with animals.

We, as nation, use it on our children for head lice. If it were that dangerous, we sure wouldn't be rubbing it on our precious kids heads. @Bunnylady I am certainly not picking on you, you bring out very valid points. You are always the voice of reason. :love We are already using ivermectin, and on our children!

This article is from Nigeria. I'm providing the link, as well as copy and paste. It is very thought provoking.

By Niyi Akinnaso

If you are a regular reader of this column, you are most likely to believe that COVID-19 exists, infects, and kills people. But you may not know how devastating it has been for the world population. Specifically, as of 4:00pm on January 19, 2021, it has infected over 96 million and killed over 2 million worldwide. Here in Nigeria, it has infected over 112,000 and killed at least 1,449. Note that these are only reported cases locally and globally.

Furthermore, if you are still under the impression that there is no cure for COVID-19, then please read further about a cheap drug that has now been found to be very effective against COVID-19, either as a prophylaxis to prevent infection from taking hold or as treatment after infection. The drug is Ivermectin, which is available as a generic drug or under the brand name Stromectol.

This drug has been around since the 1980s. It was originally used mainly in creams and lotions to treat lice. A tablet form was later produced to treat parasitic infections of the intestinal tract, skin, and eyes. It later became a cure for roundworm infection and second-line treatment for scabies and rosacea, a skin condition that results in redness and causes pus-filled bumps on the face. Finally, it was also found to be a cure for onchocerciasis, also known as river blindness, caused by insect vectors, especially black flies, that breed in water.

What is particularly interesting about this drug is that at least 90 percent of the parasitic infections it was designed to cure were prevalent in Africa. The drug was found to be so effective against these infections that it even eradicated them and related infections. The drug is so cheap that it was even distributed free of charge in many African countries, including Nigeria.

As the world struggles to find a cure to COVID-19, a group of Australian researchers went to work on Ivermectin, only to discover in various experiments that it inhibited the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The finding led to more research in human populations. Altogether, at least 27 studies have been conducted in numerous countries, including Argentina, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iran, Pakistan, Spain, and the USA.

The findings show that Ivermectin substantially reduces the risk of death from COVID-19 by between 65% and 92%, depending on the severity of the case before the commencement of Ivermectin medication. Some of the studies show that death even could be completely averted, if the drug was promptly administered in the early stages of infection. Even more importantly, Ivermectin was found to be more effective than monoclonal antibodies and convalescent plasma, both of which are widely used in the treatment of COVID-19 in the United States.

Similarly, when Ivermectin is used as prophylaxis, it substantially reduces COVID-19 infections, by as much 90% or higher! This puts Ivermectin in the same class or higher than available vaccines. When both are compared, it makes sense to invest in Ivermectin, which costs next to nothing, rather than in vaccines with their prohibitive costs and availability problems.

Even more worrisome is the efficacy of available vaccines on the Nigerian population, especially since Nigeria was not a participant in any of the test phases of the vaccines. By contrast, many Nigerians have used Ivermectin one way or the other in cream, lotion, or tablet form in the past. Moreover, unlike vaccines, Ivermectin is globally available, low cost, and needs no special shipping or handling. Finally, unlike vaccines, whose tolerance has not been tested on the Nigerian population, Ivermectin is well tolerated.

Unfortunately, however, the drug has suffered ignoble delay in recognition, especially in the United States, despite its long-standing approval by the Food and Drug Administration (the equivalent of our NAFDAC). There are two major reasons for this delay. One has to do with the conflict between the political and scientific communities in the United States as a result of the obstinacy of the outgoing American President, Donald Trump, and his demonstrated disregard for science and scientists. This is evident, for example, in his handling of COVID-19 and climate change.

Another reason for the delayed response to Ivermectin is the early huge investment in COVID-19 vaccine by major Western and Asian countries, especially the United States, the UK, and China. Clearly, these investors would like to recoup their capital by selling the vaccines to other countries. As a result, they have remained tone-deaf to pharmaceutical remedies for COVID-19 or at least relegated them to the background.

Recently, however, on January 14, 2021, the National Institute of Health in the United States approved the inclusion of Ivermectin as an option for use in COVID-19. This followed powerful and convincing presentations by Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), which detailed the efficacy of Ivermectin in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 to two relevant and powerful Committees in the United States.

One was the American Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, which held a hearing on “Early Outpatient Treatment: An Essential Part of a COVID-19 Solution” on December 8, 2020. The other was to the National Institute of Health (NIH) Treatment Guidelines Panel on COVID-19 on January 6, 2021.

Fortunately, there is now a group of researchers in Nigeria, led by Professor Femi Babalola, the Principal Investigator of the IVERCOVID study, whose whose purpose is to conduct a double blind randomized clinical trial to assess not just the efficacy but also the safety of Ivermectin in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria. The trial may also be able to provide useful guidelines for the dosage of the drug for prophylaxis and for treatment of COVID-19 as there are no such guidelines at the moment.

This trial is now very urgent in view of the ongoing spike of infections in the country. It has cleared NAFDAC approval and given a nod by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19. It will be a great shame indeed, if the study were to suffer from lack of funding.

For those, who are already taking the drug in Nigeria, it is best taken on an empty stomach about an hour before food. Finally, patients of asthma and liver condition should consult their doctors before taking it.

So just why are we lining up for a new technology, relatively untested on humans, being guinea pigs for expensive vaccines? When ivermectin has been used for decades with success on other diseases, it has recently been approved by the NIH, why are we not demanding it?

This post is for discussion. That is how we all learn, by tossing ideas around, finding facts to back it up and discussing it all.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU @Baymule . I am not computer savvy enough to be able to pull that stuff and do the links. The Dec 8, meeting of the Senate committee on the early treatment is the one that I believe that Dr. Pierre Kory testified at. He had pages of studies that have been done, and all the researchers and doctors that have been trying to get this in the forefront. I do not totally agree with the comment that Trump was not listening to the science in that he was listening to the "experts" in Dr Faucci and that was a total disaster... and now we have him shoved down our throat with the Biden administration. But regardless, I really like all the things that were brought up and put out there for discussion.
I will also do "alternative" SAFE AND TRIED AND TRUE things like Ivermectin, long before I will try a new rushed vaccine....And I will work on getting and keeping my immune system as healthy as I can.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Feed prices are going up,
50# bag of rabbit pellets went up a dollar since November. 16.99 for Southern States. I missed the sale they had last month.
Corn has gone up

I remember the 70's with the gas shortages.... it is not going to be pretty.
Me too and tankers sitting in Delaware bay up by Wilmington waiting to offload. Odd an even days. Great wasn't it.
.Well, 74 million of us listened...
Yes ma'am I did. Gas started creeping up now 2.50-2.51. was 2.25 3 weeks ago. Met the current occupant once as a kid. Was not impressed. He was running for the Senate his first time around.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The bunnies are good. My new Zealand had 12 but 9 are still alive.
My champagne had 10, all alive. The other doe is living it up inside and has yet to pull a single hair. I gave both does silver, alfalfa, and alot of Kale and they are both fine now. They are both very good momas. But that is alot of kits!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
As with many supplies on hand, ivermectin is one! Lol. No doubt I've absorbed some many times over the years. Maybe that's why I'm healthy... :lol: have a great supply of elderberry juice and berries...another antiviral item, garlic is a favorite too. I'm good.

I understood the pipeline shutdown was a temporary thing...like a few months :idunno

Here's another who remembers those even & odd days for gas. Fun for all, not! My uncle, who worked for BP, said there were all kinds of full tank cars of product sitting around.....just being "held".

I'm more concerned about the feed prices! Currently a farmer who raises and sells feed, says he's doing ok with last yr prices to his customers. It's a "sideline" thing as he actually raises for own livestock, sells extras. Of course fuel going up will be an issue.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Fuel is already 2.60 here. Went up about 2 weeks ago. Feed prices will steadily rise. This stuff is far from over and as always its good to be prepared and stocked up. Winter will be over soon, that's the good news. My rabbits won't produce on the cheap feed, I have to buy the Manna gro it is currently 20.00 for a 50lb bag. Anyone who raises livestock will surely feel the costs, as well as the cost of eggs and meat rise. I wish I could have chickens here but that's a big no no.

Aunt Angus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Not a farmer by any stretch of the imagination, but COVID has affected me. I just recovered from being sick with it nearly a month. It was not like the regular flu for me. I never had a fever or the cough, but I lost my sense of smell and taste and ended up with a chest wall infection that had me down for the count. I barely moved for weeks, and when I went in for the infection, it turned out my O2 levels were low (70% on a good day), so I ended up on oxygen. I couldn't talk and it hurt like hell to breathe. And I'm in my 40s and don't have underlying conditions.

I'm a teacher. In California. So my job has been greatly affected now that I can't go into the classroom. I'm extremely grateful I am still employed, but I HATE teaching online. It's like 500x the work. I am up until 2 or 3 am every night trying to get the stupid online stuff to work. And on top of that, I've got parents telling me I'm a lazy union lackey who needs to get off my a$$ and work, and that I'm a loser who just wants to get paid for nothing. My students ignore me. I don't know what any of them look like.

It has been utterly demoralizing. I have never felt so lost and so... hated. I am hated by everyone. And if I hear one more parent say I have an easy job and that I get paid to just sit around, I am going to scream.

Except I can't because my chest wall hurts too much.

Sorry to rant. I'm done now.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. Everyone knows teachers have a very hard job. Chicago teachers may strike. Cps wants the kids to all go back to school on February 1st. But there is the danger of covid. Which they say isn't now. But high school doesn't have a return date. There is no way to be safe with all them kids. And I know the e-learning sucks. Teachers hate it, kids hate it. I signed my daughter out and enrolled her in an online homeschool program. She is not going back to school this year, but she is still learning. I hope that you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.