Daisychick's *Journal* New Baby and it Moos!!!!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh wow! I have never seen pictures of Rockey's daddy! He looks nice! :drool I hope Rockey grows up like that! :fl

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have a Bertram baby and you've never seen Bertram. :th

He's only like the most prettiest goat ever.

Jan knows if I'm ever in her area she might come home to find half of her herd missing. :hide

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have seen the momma's but never the daddys! :p I am so very happy you shared the pictures! It makes me really really hope for some spots!

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow Bertram looks so different than when he was a baby. Would have never guessed. How can you tell what your kids will look like full grown? Theo and Rockey are adorable!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's raining!!!!! Finally raining! I LOVE RAIN! :weee It has been raining since 4 am and still going strong. This is much needed moisture. I am sooooo tired of hot sun, this cold day has me all smiles! :D Making creamy potato soup with my goats milk. Making home made dinner rolls too. Rain makes me Betty Crockerish! :D

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just went outside to check on the kids and they are WET!! It has been raining all day here too...but more like heavy mist...from the thick fog we have up here. The kids would be fine in their shelter but I guess they got bored and came in and out in the mist. I can also hear them calling me a few time and sounded like they are right outside the door.... When I finally went outside, they were standing at the gate bleating at me...wet..not soaked but wet. Well, I dried them up and gave them some treats and I lock them inside the shelter so they don't get wet. I hope tomorrow will be a better day...I am leaving for CA tomorrow. I'll miss them. :(

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here are some updated pictures of Rockey. He is 5 months old now. He loves to eat and is quite the little fatty right now. I hope he grows to be a nice buck. :)

He has the sweetest face and kind eyes and a little bit of Elvis hair :D .
4775_goats_278.jpg

4775_rockeyrightside.jpg

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have been too busy to update things much. I am still canning like crazy. I did 3 huge batches of tomatoes. I also dried some cherry tomatoes in the dehydrator and made the best sun dried tomatoes. About the only thing still producing in my garden are the squash and the tomatoes.

Bell is for sure in heat and showing off for the boys. I have to wait until Rockey(young Kinder buck) is ready to breed her. I put Rockey on a lead rope and took him in the pen with the girls just to see if he was interested. He sniffed around a bit and then went straight for Bell's udder and tried to nurse. :rolleyes: I think it is safe to say he is a bit immature yet and I will have to give him a few more months to realize he is supposed to be a manly buck. :lol: Bell was trying her best to impress him and all he wanted was a snack. Poor Bell was all sad when I put Rockey back in the buck pen.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow! I have been gone from BYH for too long. :th I have been sooooo busy with other stuff that I have just been peeking in every once in a while to try and catch up on everyone. I got started making soaps and it kinda turned into an addiction. :hide I am having a blast making stuff. I have been going to holiday craft shows every weekend and then during the week after daycare kids leave I am busy making more soaps. I finally got all my paper work done with the Kinder Goat breeders assoc. and I am the official owner of 3 registered Kinders and I have a herd name now!!!! We are officially Muddy Moon Kinders :weee All the goats are doing great! I "think" Bell is preggers and should be due in March. Jesse is still a little too small for me to breed yet. She will be 1 in March so I am trying to wait on her. I might try and shoot for Fall 2013 babies with her. My boys are doing great in school and keeping us busy with all their activities. Work is crazy and I have kids at my house for 60 hours a week and I am sooooo burned out. I might be getting a bottle baby calf today if things work out right. I am heading myself right over to the cattle pages to re-learn how to do this because it has been 15 years since we had bottle calves and back then things were a lot different.

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was just thinking about you. After hearing about the Fern fire doubling....up in Rocky Mountain NP, I was trying to figure out who is where among BYH CO group. I sent ttclan a note. It's been awhile since I heard from her too.
Nice you hear you are keeping yourself busy too. I decided to start making my own goat milk soap too...will be buying store bought goat milk first and then maybe off CL for some raw goat milk. I went to a soap making class and watch tons of video on how to make soap. I my first batch will come out ok. Still waiting for my supply.