Devonviolet's - Kidding 2017

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's adorable, cute and smoochable! :love What a cute kissy face! So.....are you gonna call him Wormy or Woody? :lol::lol:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my! Isn't he so Cute....such a precious little one...:thumbsup
So glad it was a pleasent Surprise for ya, and sorry I'm late to the Party....;)
With her being so close, it was probably better on her that the barn was a tad bit late. This reminds me of a blooming flower. When the little bud forms and grows and swells, ya are so anxious to see it open and behold the flower. Then overnight as the sun comes up ya go to look, and it has opened in its full Glory. This is what is happening at Devonviolet Acres. It won't be long and ya will have a full boquet of wonderful "Blooms" all around ya. Tho, there will always be things to do, but those "Blooms" will give ya plenty of encouragement to make it better and better....:)
So, are ya going to keep him intact or wether him?
Again....Congratulations!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on that beauty of a boy!! Now you see one of the main things these kids are good for --- snuggling in your lap!!! Of course, it's harder when they are a few months old and STILL think they fit on your lap.:lol:

This kidding was what has become "the norm" here. I watch and pretty well know the does personalities & can generally tell the subtle change when "it's time". Just don't stress over it any more as mine have kidded with no issues. I do watch when they tell me it's close "in case", and especially if weather is an issue.

After 20 yrs of foaling mini mares & donks, plus goats, I've earned the right to relax a little. Still remember barn cams on 8-10 mares/jennets at a time. I used a device on a halter to alert when they laid out, pager went off, I looked at the monitor to see if they needed me or were just sleeping, better than me. I jumped up and grabbed my clothes next to bed, raced to barn, and LOVED every minute!!:love

The joy of a new kid, lamb & foal never, ever gets old. Always a rush. Even with losses that hurt more than imaginable, the rush for new birth is always there.

NOW -- get ready for the next ones.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
This reminds me of a blooming flower. When the little bud forms and grows and swells, ya are so anxious to see it open and behold the flower. Then overnight as the sun comes up ya go to look, and it has opened in its full Glory. This is what is happening at Devonviolet Acres. It won't be long and ya will have a full boquet of wonderful "Blooms" all around ya. Tho, there will always be things to do, but those "Blooms" will give ya plenty of encouragement to make it better and better....:)
Wow @CntryBoy777! I didn't realize what a poet you are! That was beautiful! :hugs

In answer to your question, we are planning to wether him. :D

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats!!! However, I have to tell you, you did not follow the correct format of a kidding thread.

First, you post pictures of the expectant goat, along with statements from your vet/the seller/your local goat expert who all say she will be lambing 'in the next week or so'.

Then you post daily updates and pictures as your goat gets closer to kidding, describing all the signs that she's almost ready, and all the preparations you've been making.

At the three week mark, you start posting an increasing number of pictures of udder and vulva from every possible angle, and asking 'does she look like she's close?'

At the four week mark, you start cancelling work and giving up your entire social life, except for the posts here because we're the only ones who will listen to you talk about your pregnant goat anymore.

Along about page 36 of the thread, you start claiming that you are seriously seeing signs that she is Going To Start Kidding Any Minute Now and you're really sure this time! You re-read the Doe Code post for the 847th time, but you're so sleep deprived you nod off halfway through.

When you're finally too stressed out to think about anything besides kidding, your goat gives birth in the five minute break you take to refill the coffee that's the only thing keeping you going anymore. THEN you get to post about the birth! :)

Ruby's pregnant too, right? Maybe she'll give you a chance for a proper thread ;)

I think @Devonviolet can be excused from not following proper kidding thread procedures.....especially since norse was trying to give instructions in the second paragraph about statements that she will be "LAMBING" in a week or so.....:lol::lol::lol::gig:gig:gig
Sorry, I just couldn't resist that....

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think @Devonviolet can be excused from not following proper kidding thread procedures.....especially since norse was trying to give instructions in the second paragraph about statements that she will be "LAMBING" in a week or so.....:lol::lol::lol::gig:gig:gig
Sorry, I just couldn't resist that....
Dangit I did it again! LOL and I thought I had proofread it enough - all these pregnant goats and my pregnant sheep get me all confuzled... :lol:
(went back and fixed)