Devonviolet's - Kidding 2017

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah! I don't know if it's because he's a little boy, but, I have fallen head-over-heels in love with him!!! I think DH is pretty smitten too! :love Every time we go into the hoop house - which is often these days :), we can't resist picking him up & cuddling him! So, Falina knows we are safe, we bend over & let her sniff. She sniffs all over our arms & faces. This would have been impossible a week ago!
:)

We also do that before we put her on the milk stand. She is so calm & cooperative on the milk stand!! This morning, she actually let me hug her neck, before we let her down. :love :love :love

This morning, when we were both cuddling Woody, we decided we couldn't butcher him! I guess we'll have to sell him. We just can't afford to keep every sweet little boy that comes along. :hit

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the name Lemon Chiffon!!! You're makin' my mouth water!! :drool I would love to see a photo of her, if you have one. [But, of course you do!!! :lol:]
here is her pic- we still call her stinkerbelle though LOL

https://www.backyardherds.com/threa...-thread-leah-quads.32492/page-116#post-482356

Leaping goats are so much fun to watch. We had a little teeny Nigie run into the fence- she ended up flipping over- sat there dazed for a second and then went hop hop hop twirl spin.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
WooHoo! We came in a while go, after milking Falina. Weighed little Woodie. At birth he weighed 8lb 1.3 oz. Now (Day 4) he weighs 9lb 3.1 oz!!! He's growing by leaps & bounds! :celebrate

And he is leaping and bounding!

Holy smokes! You might want to rethink the name to "Moose"!
That isn't very plant like, how about "colt's foot"?

So @Devonviolet, can the year or 2 of age you lost when you heard he was born dead be recovered by finding him fine and dandy??

Congrats!

Thursday today, that means Ruby is overdue by 1 day, yes?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
And he is leaping and bounding!

That isn't very plant like, how about "colt's foot"?

So @Devonviolet, can the year or 2 of age you lost when you heard he was born dead be recovered by finding him fine and dandy??

Congrats!

Thursday today, that means Ruby is overdue by 1 day, yes?

Yes! Absolutely! Finding out Woodie is fine & dandy did add back the two years, of grief, that I experienced!

No, Ruby isn't overdue. She isn't due until April 11th. She is a 2nd freshener. I keep forgetting to ask @goatgurl what she dropped the first time.

I was expecting a single, from Falina, because she wasn't all that big & was only bigger on her right side. I'm kinda hoping for twins from @animalmom's favorite, of my two does. :lol:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
We need more pics!? :)

DO you plan on keeping him or selling?​

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
We need more pics!? :)

DO you plan on keeping him or selling?​
Right now, the plan is to sell him. But, if I like him too much, to give up, I might just sell the remaining two wethers, and keep him, for company (for Falina & Ruby), and to help clear the woods, once we get some perimeter fencing in.

I'll try to get some more photos this afternoon.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
If ya are looking for some to clear the woods, 3 mouths eat much more than just 1....just sayin'. How in the world can ya sell your very 1st kid?....as long as ya have waited for it, sure would be a shame to just sell it off. :)

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear ya, @CntryBoy777. With Falina, Ruby & Woody, that would make 3. I have been thinking the same thing, about it being hard to sell our first wether. It's been a long load getting here!

Zig & Zan are promised to Tressa, which leaves Leon & Little Guy, from the original 4 wethers. Leon & Little Guy are twins, and they stick pretty close together, so if they were to go, it would have to be together. That would leave 3 with Falina, Woody & Ruby.
Here's Leon
tmp_14913-0402161927e-1-90445714.jpg

Here's Little Guy
tmp_14913-1022151131a-11761799794.jpg

And here are Zig (all black w/ white spots) and Zan (Black & white)
tmp_14913-0929151641a-12134676516.jpg

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will you be getting a buck soon too? I am hoping to use my buck (due to be born next week) and wether to clear brush. Not so much with my girls, I'm afraid they'll get into something to make the milk taste bad!