Duck Chat withdrawal ....

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Haha haha!

Why do you need to breed everything you own?..Just ride her.
It's just a wish to have another of her. We breed the quail, chickens, rabbits, and pigs for meat. And for sale we breed the ducks, chickens, and goats. Goats will also be for milk for things like soaps and cheeses. It's classified as hobby for the time but the Hubbs asks that i find a way to make it at least break even if not get a small profit going. So there is a plan and purpose for everything.

Also your horse will not train the foal for you if that's what your thinking?...It doesn't work that way.
Well I know that. But in my experience, an older, mature, and "bombproof" horse is helpful in training a young impressionable one. They help keep the younger one calm and I have seen babies even mimic the movements of their momma's. There are so many around here that don't have the knowledge, time or ability to train younglings/foals. It's sad how many just get turned out to pasture just to become wild ornaments in the fields. Quite like that first filly we looked at. If we had the room and proper equipment to handle her I would have. But with our current setup there was no way of handling her. Honestly we are looking at land with a bigger house because our boys are outgrowing where we currently are fast. We found out a family friend has 75 acres with two houses they will be putting on the market in the near future. So we are looking into the options we have with our current home and what our mortgage options are with the property we are looking at..... We are working towards my running a horse and small livestock rescue ranch. A place where we can rehabilitate horses that are "put out to pasture" or headed towards the meat market. Ones that are fully rehabilitated and able to will be trail horses for people and "training". It's nothing that will happen in the very near future and we know that. But it is what we are working towards. Especially now that we have a good vet on our side and a small community of support.....

Celsius sounds so much better than 90 degrees Fahrenheit, 68% humidity, which makes it about 99 Fahrenheit for what it feels like.
Sounds about like us here.

WVduckchick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey this may not be BYC but we still LOVE pics! Especially adorable babies!!;):lol:

Omg I just got a new phone and transferred all my pics. Didn’t realize I have over 14,000 pictures, mostly chickens/ducks :lol:

The 5 call ducklings were hatched by one of my broodies, the single is 10 days older than the 5, from another broody.
The chicks are my most recent bantam Cochins :) All those girls are crazy broody. I’m overrun with chicklets.
BAD15FD1-0577-43E9-A71C-B4BF98DD1A0D.jpeg
DDD752A0-523F-4C84-B80B-35C0606BF770.jpeg
755E3795-E487-4A4C-AD85-375A4B3D48D6.jpeg

WVduckchick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
View attachment 49812 View attachment 49813 Here is Penelope and Poppy setting the eggs..In the Dog crate together..The Dog house is empty. Only a human would think the Dog house as a better choice..:confused:...:th..My Lord..:barnie

My call ducks house was my neighbors dog house. They made it with the logs when they built their house, the dog has since passed away so they gave me the mini log house.