Fred D and life on the Lazy D

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Nice looking animals Fred. Thanks for sharing the pics! So have you been able to estimate your hay usage yet?

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nice looking animals Fred. Thanks for sharing the pics! So have you been able to estimate your hay usage yet?
Hi Latestarter,
Looks to be about one small bale a week. Even though I only give them a flake or two at a time there's still some waste. I should have plenty enough. Thanks for asking

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
688788590.png
Had a little flyover this morning.

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sad times at the Lazy D
Late Tuesday lab report came back showing that little boy blue and Georgia Belle have pretty much the same DNA like sister and brother. That's not good for the gene pool the breeder agrees and has agreed to replace Georgia, she will go on to live a good life without the possibility of making with her brother. This DNA is a pretty serious matter when breeding purebred goats. I hated to see her leave but it was for the best and I know she's in good hands.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like H-46's. We have a lot of helicopter traffic here and even an occasional Air Force Predator drone.
US Army Ch-47 Chinooks.
The forward landing gear is located too far aft, and the aft gear is located too far aft to be a CH-46 Phrog.
(the 46 was retired from US military service in 2015..Chinook is still in service, tho there may still be a few Phrogs being serviced by BoeingVertrol for foreign govts or private owners.)