Going on a Road Trip-Md to Indiana to get a goat- We are Home...

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Pearce, if you wanna come to, you're more than welcome. I've been sicker this week than I've ever been in my life, but surely will be back to (as close to) normal (as I ever get) by then. Sorry I haven't posted new pics, it has truly been all we could do just to get chores done daily. Went to the doc today so I'm hoping my meds kick in SOON.

The 2 Nub does leave tomorrow afternoon, so he'll be batching it w/ Whiskey til you get here.
I hope you feel better :hugs

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am a little concerned, I don't know if it is a good idea to have our baby hang out with that adolescent, Whiskey. I fear he will be a bad influence. ;) ( I am kidding of course).

No worries on pictures....

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is never fun and it only makes taking care of the animals much harder. Funny that we are discussing this. I had a lady here yesterday to purchase some chickens and she had her kids with her. They are trying to convince mom and dad to purchase a horse or some goats. The little girl was excited and said she would take care of them. I reminded her that, animals need care 365 days a year and even said, "and when you have the flu and feel horrible, you still need to take care of the animals".

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Well the girls are gone now so any shenanigans will be all male now.....

What day are you arriving?

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Well the girls are gone now so any shenanigans will be all male now.....

What day are you arriving?
Friday. We are leaving Thursday evening and driving through the night. Hope to arrive at your place around 9:00 am or close to it.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Only two more days till our road trip begins to bring our boy home.

Looking at the weather, it would appear that we may run into snow on Friday. For all of you praying types, pray the snow stays away until after we pass through. Then we could stand a few inches to give us a White Christmas.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
If you want to postpone it until Saturday (clear and sunny forecasted) it's fine....

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have plans over the weekend, Holidays are starting. So I think we are going to go with our original plan.

Question for you - Can I get a couple of gallons of milk to bring home, so I can slowly move him to Cows Milk? If yes, I will bring a cooler with ice to keep it cold on the way home. And I think you said you will send him home with a nipple that he is accustomed to. I am figuring he will need to eat at least once, maybe twice on the trip home.