Going on a Road Trip-Md to Indiana to get a goat- We are Home...

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I was saving the heart for a surprise! :p

PS....Oakroot is now his daddy's owner...she bought Chaos. She was going to borrow him but....fell in love. Who wouldn't love a big stinky urine-soaked buck?

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Big thumbs up from here on the road trip. It's 13 hours from NS to Ontario and my DH was so good as to come along last year when I went to get my ND buck. We even took him into the hotel with us as we stayed over on the way back. It was awesome!! Took him for a walk before bedtime, and someone walking his dog did a double take, said "That's....that's NOT a dog!" No body in this household would blink an eye at the thought of doing it again. In fact, next year, if I can get the permits I want to go to Virginia for a Mini Silky Fainter buck. Love a road trip!!

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I was saving the heart for a surprise! :p

PS....Oakroot is now his daddy's owner...she bought Chaos. She was going to borrow him but....fell in love. Who wouldn't love a big stinky urine-soaked buck?
Alas! I am a surprise ruin-er :duc

I actually like him better then my doe stank and all. He just has a better personality.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah I am real excited and I can only share it with you guys. Everyone is thinking I need to be committed. No worries on the surprise. I have not told my family, so it can be surprise for them.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
We all need to send you Bon Voyage presents. Like goat coats and baby goat nurser nipples and little stinker pins and such. Then your family will know that having GAS is not a mental illness it's a true calling from God. He created the goat so we would learn that we need to preserve His ancient domestic animals that He created for the needs of man. He gave it to us so we could forever be humbled and amused at the same time. (I am sure that God has a sense of humor.) The goat teaches us patience, love, and humor. It delights us during kidding time. It gives us food as a last resort. It will feed our babies if mother is too sick to nurse or if the baby is orphaned. It gives us delicious cheese. It gives us fiber for clothing. And it will carry our burdens and pull our carts.

So, tell your family that you are just fulfilling the ancient calling of the farmer. And having a fun time at the same time.

Either that or tell your wife that your biological clock is on overdrive and you need a baby but didn't want to put her through all the hassles. LOL.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
We all need to send you Bon Voyage presents. Like goat coats and baby goat nurser nipples and little stinker pins and such. Then your family will know that having GAS is not a mental illness it's a true calling from God. He created the goat so we would learn that we need to preserve His ancient domestic animals that He created for the needs of man. He gave it to us so we could forever be humbled and amused at the same time. (I am sure that God has a sense of humor.) The goat teaches us patience, love, and humor. It delights us during kidding time. It gives us food as a last resort. It will feed our babies if mother is too sick to nurse or if the baby is orphaned. It gives us delicious cheese. It gives us fiber for clothing. And it will carry our burdens and pull our carts.

So, tell your family that you are just fulfilling the ancient calling of the farmer. And having a fun time at the same time.

Either that or tell your wife that your biological clock is on overdrive and you need a baby but didn't want to put her through all the hassles. LOL.
:yuckyuck
I love that last reasoning QM!

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
Queen Mum said:

:yuckyuck
I love that last reasoning QM!
I would not say that to her, I think she would be willing to try to have another one.