GW & SBC's kidding thread: 2019

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the babies! To answer your question- Ruth is about to be 6 (maybe 7, need to check papers)

@Daxigait pretty girl! :) I just saw your kissing thread, you have some beautiful goats and looks like some pretty cool genetics too!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are doing really good! They are eating almost the same amount as Lucy's triplets (first kids of this year). They are really something. I decided to sell one, I listed her & she was sold within the hour! I've already met the folks in person and I think she will do just fine. She'll be going to her new home after disbudding (of course the owners will continue bottle feeding). I was trying to get pics but they are always underfoot! LOL

I go back and forth as to whether I sold the right kid LOL They are both really nice and I hope the new owners show her. :fl

Little Bitsy is doing great, all the kids are :love She has grown so so so much! I need to weigh her again. By looking at her, you really wouldn't think she only weighed 1lb 14oz at birth. She eats like a big girl, taking about 1 quart/day.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is just a cell phone pic, they were still in their stall because it was raining. It had actually just stopped and the sun was coming out. Right after bottles.

These are Lucy's two girls, Bitsy in the front. Their brother is standing behind them like a dork LOL.
Bitsy is more "normal" sized, the brown doe is just huge!
When Bitsy was born her rear leg (hock to pastern) was the same length and diameter of my pinky finger.
033.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
As always, they are precious. You may have seen it but we had one lamb last month that was born with weak pasterns and working them today, she is totally normal and one of the biggest lambs.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! I am so glad to hear that! :celebrate:weee:yesss:

We've had some weird ones over the years. I'm trying to remember if I ever posted the pics of the kid who looked a spider? It was a few years ago. It was so weird but in the end we got it corrected and kid turned out beautiful.