Hey!!! Pig People!!! how many are there of us?

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
To OP....we are first time "Pig People" and loving it with 4 Yorkshire piglets. 3 are roughly 70 pounds, the other one, a bit smaller.

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lol! We usually have anywhere from 2 - 40 pigs at one time, plus my pot-belly! Right now we only have 4,(and a pot-belly). :cool:

HappyMamaAcre

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have one pot-belly - Doink is his name. He's sometimes sweet, sometimes cranky - and we love him. Haven't eaten meat in 30 years, so Doink, Brandy the goat and the ten hens are breathing a sigh of relief!:D

firstimehogger

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Cornish Heritage said:
Mine is an American Guinea Hog, I intended for meat, but like him too much now, named him Chopper
so I'd REMEMBER he was aimed for the freezer, but I forgot the first day!!
OH that's bad! I hope you have castrated him anyways.

Get some more & then you will be able to eat some OR spoil him really bad & then he will become so obnoxious & a total pain in the butt that you will be glad to shoot him in the head & eat him!

In all seriousness some pigs can be very dangerous. Their teeth are sharp & if you allow them to push you around you will regret it once they get older.

Liz
he was castrated when I got him. No chance for breeding this littls guy. He's pretty much hand fed treats, love him to death, loves his apples, bananas and a slice of bread. He's grown 5" in height in the last 2 months I've had him.

Latest posts