Hurricane Harvey

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just saw that the pressure is down to 958mb. Winds are up to 110 (one mph shy of cat 3). Looks like this is really gonna happen. :(

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have done all you can by the sound of it. I have only been in one Cat 4 and one Cat 5. Both of them made me question my wisdom about riding it out but I have friends who spent 24 hours or more on the highway trying to get out of it. With animals you have even less options.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
We took a direct hit from Hurricane Ike - the eye passed right over us. I believe it was a Cat 3 when it hit land, and I swore I'd never stay through anything bigger than that. You are so right that animals limit your options. I loaded up everything and ran from Rita... swore I'd never do that again either!

In a lot of ways it's "danged if you do and danged if you don't."

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rita was a nightmare right out of the top 5 of Worst Life Experiences. I don't blame you for not running again. But at some point, you have to wonder just why you stay in the path of hurricanes. Just so you know, there is 17 acres just around the corner from us, about a mile and a half, on a hill, beautiful view, for $130,000. Build your retirement home.........just sayin' :lol::lol::lol:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just so you know, there is 17 acres just around the corner from us, about a mile and a half, on a hill, beautiful view, for $130,000. Build your retirement home.........just sayin' :lol::lol::lol:
Don't think I haven't thought about it. At some point we will probably move...probably next door to my son! He's about 10 miles away from me now...but it's 10 miles further inland, lol.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
After getting over run by people fleeing from Rita, and Ike doing a lot of damage, we decided to make plans to head for higher ground. We are so happy we moved. We knew only our DD and family, but we have made so many friends, we are happier than we've ever been!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't think I haven't thought about it. At some point we will probably move...probably next door to my son! He's about 10 miles away from me now...but it's 10 miles further inland, lol.
So bring him with you! Build two houses! Tyler is a great town and is very close by. really trying to dig you out of hurricane land.......LOL