In the real world news today Thurs, November 29 2018

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was FORCED to shoot him in the head? I think it would be more correct to say she chose to shoot him in the head. I wonder how fast the car was going when she shot him. Could have been ugly if he involuntarily stomped the gas and ran the car out into traffic when he was shot.
I would have made the same choice she did
And I would have chose to pop.about 3 or 4 rounds when I did
And he and Jesus or Allah or whoever the f..k he believes in would be sorting out the bad choices he made

Last edited:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was FORCED to shoot him in the head? I think it would be more correct to say she chose to shoot him in the head. I wonder how fast the car was going when she shot him. Could have been ugly if he involuntarily stomped the gas and ran the car out into traffic when he was shot.
He forced her to make the decision she chose;)

I saw this a few days ago. Good for her.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but you only do what is needed to eliminate, mitigate or diffuse the threat.

Other than leaving her kids in a car with keys in the ignition, she reacted as I probably would have.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
You only do what is needed to mitigate the threat ?
I agree 100 percent.
The way you do that is to fire every round you have at the threat
.My CCW holds 10.rounds
You are getting all of them
If I have to shoot you once I'm going to shoot you 10 times

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You only do what is needed to mitigate the threat ?
I agree 100 percent.
The way you do that is to fire every round you have at the threat
.My CCW holds 10.rounds
You are getting all of them
If I have to shoot you once I'm going to shoot you 10 times
I don't 'disagree' with that at all, but I'm also remembering the pharmacist from a few years back, that shot a robber, then turned to pursue another out the door, returned inside and found the 1st guy still moving and emptied his pistol into the guy. Pharmacist is now serving a prison sentence for homicide.

An emotional jury Thursday decided pharmacist Jerome Jay Ersland was guilty of first-degree murder for fatally shooting a masked robber two years ago inside an Oklahoma City drugstore.

Jurors chose life in prison as punishment.

Two female co-workers at Reliable Discount Pharmacy told jurors Ersland was a hero who saved their lives on May 19, 2009. But prosecutors called him an executioner who shot a wounded, unarmed robber five more times after the robber fell to the floor unconscious and was no longer a threat.

The eight women and four men were solemn as they filed back into an Oklahoma County courtroom after wrapping up deliberations in three hours and thirty minutes. Some had tears in their eyes. Each answered, “Yes,” in a quiet voice when the judge asked them one at a time if that was the verdict.

Of course, there's also the old "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" philosophy..

Soon2Be

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
"The gentleman" ...
I don't think I would be quoted as saying that, if it happened to me. ;)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the pharmacist. No leniency for "heat of the moment" and adrenalin? I bet the whole thing didn't take 2 minutes. No time for thinking "is that guy I shot who is moving down for the count?"

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
How aggressive the DA is, how good the defense attorney is, how the presiding judge directs the courtroom, and of course, the make up of the jury all play a big part.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Moving on.......
We would be remiss if we didn't pay some attention to the Thai boys soccer team that has been trapped in a flooded cave in that country along with their adult coach for 16 days.
News says that 4 boys have now been brought out by an international team of divers but rescue attempts have temporarily been suspended for the night while air tanks are being refilled.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...removing-boys-cave-thailand/story?id=56435582

Latest posts