OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't been following the story very closely
How did they get stuck in the cave ?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Long story. It was a recreational outing and the cave, a popular tourist attraction is not the usual type we see here in the US. Evidently, the mountain where the cave goes into is alluvial and permits rainwater to filter in thru the overburden soil and rock. It's monsoon season there and rain farther up the mountain range caused portions of the cave to flood, trapping the soccer team.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of the divers died rescuing some of the kids. I believe he ran out of oxygen.
Not precisely. He died while moving tanks into staging areas. This was a couple of days ago, they just brought out the first 4 today. Not sure how he ran out of air in his tank, being a trained and seasoned diver. But from the sounds of it, that is what happened. I used to dive some, eons ago. Tanks have gauges on hoses thought he might have had a tough time seeing it in the murky water but they also have a reserve air valve. Sad no matter how it happened.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 more are out. 4 boys and the coach left.
My hat is off to those divers. I don't want to sound crude, but My thought is they must have gonads the size of beach balls.
My hat is off to them...........I couldn't do it and I've always considered myself pretty tough.

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 more are out. 2 boys and the coach left.
My hat is off to those divers. I don't want to sound crude, but My thought is they must have gonads the size of beach balls.
My hat is off to them...........I couldn't do it and I've always considered myself pretty tough.

Aren't they like Thailand's version of the Navy Seals ?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aren't they like Thailand's version of the Navy Seals ?
Some ARE Thai Navy Seals..others are from other nations..US, GB, Australia, other Asian nations..it is an international operation.

I was unaware until today, that most children in Thailand don't know how to swim..less than 20%. There is lots of water in Thailand, but mothers have long believed that knowing how to swim simply puts their children at a higher risk...believing they would be more apt to enter dangerous water. Seems counter-intuitive to us, but that's the way it is there.