Lambing time!!

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok a quick question... the babe is now totally refusing the bottle... is it because she is getting enough from mom? I dont just want to assume this but if it is that would be great. Oh and she is bouncing around her pen now which is so great to see...

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey all just a quick update on the babe. She is now out and about with mommy. Weighed her last night just to make sure she is drinking enough and she is up to 2.35kg... from 1.65 sunday so not too shabby. She seems to have an issue with her front legs... they dont bend the right way. Will post a pic and maybe someone else has had this before...

Attachments

• 20201112_130728.jpg
    20201112_130728.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 78

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a ram lamb born last year with flat front feet. His feet bent forward at the pasterns. I think it was more of him being a big lamb to a small ewe and it was crowded in there. Here is a link.

Your little lamb had problems to start with, with vitamins, b-12 shot, selenium and vitamin E, she may pull out of it and her legs straighten up. My dog kept nudging the lamb and pushing him to his feet, which I think helped.

The ewe is on the cull list this year, she is from a ram I had several years ago that put inferior genetics in the flock.

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Will sort the vitamin injections for her... looks like the next ewe is getting ready... hope the babe is bigger than my little one... momma is massive and tears are literally on the ground... feel for her as it is warm today and quite hot tomorrow at 32°. Will keep you posted...