Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, the lady that bought my first house just listed it for rent on a FB community page that I'm a member of, for over $500 more than I had been paying for the mortgage when I owned it. I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

Ignore it and pretend I didn't see it?
Don't let it bother you. You don't live there anymore. Direct your attention to your fabulous new home and farm. I sold the house I had for over 30 years and moved here. The man bought it for his wife, she had cancer and left him, but he still loved her. So he bought her a house so she would have somewhere to live. She died after a year and now he rents it out. Your old house is as much behind you as my old house is behind me. I'm now a Doublewide Diva in a much smaller home, but have 8 acres to play on and happier than I have ever been.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rabbits are moved to the new house, but we still need to get the sawhorses set up so the cages aren't on the ground. They didn't freak put too much thankfully. Now I can breed them!! Trying to decide which lucky 4 girls will be first. I think if I breed tomorrow, I should get bunnies just before new years, most of the does kindle at 31 days.

I think I'm going to do Frost with Paprika and Pepper. And Expresso with Raspberry and Sage. That will give me chinchillas from Pepper, Rex castors/opals from Raspberry, chestnuts (small chance of opals) from Sage, and chestnuts/reds/REW from Paprika. These will be mostly meat bunnies.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule how do you know what side is the "front" of the manufactured home? Having trouble finding the data plate so I think there's a VIN near where the tongue would have been. House is on permanent foundation and has vinyl siding over whatever was there before. Do I have to go under the house to see the VIN or would it be visible from the outside (under the siding of course..)?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine has little plates on one end. If you cannot find them, try looking on the deed. It may be recorded at the courthouse or perhaps the former owner can tell you.

Do you know the manufacturer? If so, maybe a visit to a Mobile home lot that carries that brand to find out where they put the darned ID plate.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paprika bred yesterday, Pepper had one fall off this morning? Put her back with Frost again tonight but no action. Raspberry and Expresso had 3 fall offs tonight, no action with Sage. I will try Sage and Pepper again tomorrow morning and evening, then wait 3 weekends and try the next set: Cinnamon, Sugar, and the twins (chestnuts who look like Sage) from Paprika and Expresso. Whomever doesn't kindle from the first set will go with group 3: Toffee, Coffee, and the dilute sable agouti who doesn't have a name yet. She looks just like Sugar but lighter.

Any suggestions for the three who don't have names yet?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looked around the outside when I got home and couldn't find the metal plates. Hubby is awesome and found the data plate inside the cupboard in the laundry room. So now we should have the VIN.
Brilliant! I would have never found it.

Names........ you seem to have a theme going.....

Blackberry
Blueberry
Aronia
Strawberry
Elderberry
Goji
Cranberry
Huckleberry
Boysenberry
Mulberry

Latte
Cappuccino