Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is what 6 bunnies deboned and rough ground once looks like. The meat goes through the grinder better when chilled, almost frozen. Hubby wanted it through the rough grind twice and then the fine grind, then will season and make the jerky. He bought attachments for stick jerky and flat strips. I think there's enough we can grind some bacon and mix with the bunny meat to make some bacon bunny burgers to see how they taste.

KIMG1024.JPG

I think he finished the rough grind last night, now to do the fine grind tonight. He might have enough time to start making the jerky and put it in the dehydrator.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'd definitely melt into a big ol' puddle of grease at those temps!!!! Don't know how you farm in such weather!!!! I'd have to do all my farming at night and the animals would only move at night also. :th

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is what 6 bunnies deboned and rough ground once looks like. The meat goes through the grinder better when chilled, almost frozen. Hubby wanted it through the rough grind twice and then the fine grind, then will season and make the jerky. He bought attachments for stick jerky and flat strips. I think there's enough we can grind some bacon and mix with the bunny meat to make some bacon bunny burgers to see how they taste.

View attachment 85396

I think he finished the rough grind last night, now to do the fine grind tonight. He might have enough time to start making the jerky and put it in the dehydrator.
Never heard of bunny burgers and bunny jerky!!! That would be a LOT of bunnies, a LOT of work deboning bunnies to get enough for that. My hat is off to you for a ton of work on food production! :thumbsup

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Don't know how you farm in such weather!!!! I'd have to do all my farming at night
You get up really early and try and get as much done by 10am-11am as you can. Sometimes I will get up way before sunrise and wear a very bright red light headband to see. I do not know how all of you with high humidity even go outside!

(OK @Baymule, I am sure there is a zinger coming about the red light! :frow)

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
You get up really early and try and get as much done by 10am-11am as you can. Sometimes I will get up way before sunrise and wear a very bright red light headband to see. I do not know how all of you with high humidity even go outside!

(OK @Baymule, I am sure there is a zinger coming about the red light! :frow)
You are right....it's the humidity that will get you. Like breathing through a warm, wet towel across your face.