Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It appears that mom is sending them under there. Evidently she wants them under there out of the wind where they can snuggle together while she's out grazing. I just checked on them and they're both under there together. They are still too small/unstable to get from ground to cinderblocks to goat mansion... Will be a few days before they'll be able to make that "leap". Luckily, as the weather would have it, we'll be seeing a warming trend over the next week or so with no rain indicated. I hope to catch them up before nightfall and put them both inside back in the corner. Hopefully mom can keep them there overnight. By this time next week, highs are supposed to be approaching 70° again. I'm seriously thinking about making a couple of kidding jugs for inside to trap the kids in there. Keep em there for a week or so till they're strong enough to get around as well as in and out. I'd really prefer not to mess with what mom's doing though unless they're in real danger or she's inept. She seems to be doing great by them.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Lousy day weather wise today. gray and dreary. Damp and cold on top of it. Thought I felt freezing mist while doing chores this morning. Temp right now at 11:14 is only 36°f. So much for the warming trend we were supposed to have. Supposed to clear off later today for some sun. I don't know if it's gonna make it. Oh well... it's winter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts