Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mr. @Latestarter, sir,

Just caught up. Man, I sure hope you can get a handle on what's causing all of the pain. It's really hard to enjoy life when the body is yelling. I wish I could help you, though I don't know what I could do -- maybe provide comic relief! Please let me and others know what we can do.

Senile Texas Aggie

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
A "work weekend at Joes" may be in order to help get the physical work things finished there while he's recuperating and getting back on his feet?
That a great idea, GB. So, when are you coming up to help with that? Unfortunately, I can’t help, I am having foot pain issues, myself and have surgery scheduled, for the near future. I suspect @Baymule won’t be able to help either, as she has really bad knees. We were there yesterday, for a visit, and it is obvious she is also in a great deal of pain.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That a great idea, GB. So, when are you coming up to help with that? Unfortunately, I can’t help, I am having foot pain issues, myself and have surgery scheduled, for the near future. I suspect @Baymule won’t be able to help either, as she has really bad knees. We were there yesterday, for a visit, and it is obvious she is also in a great deal of pain.

Maybe he would bring his friend Bill to help.....:th

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
First, thanks all for the well wishes, ideas/suggestions, sympathy, empathy, and potential offers of manual labor help. None of what I'm dealing with presently existed when I bought this place. It has been building ever since. And it seems to be on a progressive path. This is the reason that I have postulated/intimated that my lifestyle may not be something I can continue with. Not throwing in the towel just yet, but I have to say, when the only reason you're getting vertical and moving is because you HAVE to for the animals, it's not a good thing. You guys here and BYH have been a real help and good for my attitude.

Bay, The doc visit for 3 months was/is just a routine visit, normally every 6 months. The consults will happen as soon as there's an opening. Hopefully in the next several weeks.

GB, nothing was mentioned along the lines of a pen to control A1C or anything of the sort. Like I said, right on the borderline so I guess it's not "critical" yet. Will see what next labs show as I HAVE been changing my diet and eating. Exercise just ain't on the table for discussion right now. Ankle/foot/knee pain makes it extremely painful to even shuffle and hands wrists (add elbows now) that aren't working as designed make exercise a no go.

All, I'm trying to avoid using the oxycodone and the steroids. I cycle between Ibuprofen, Aleve, Excedrine, and the arthritis pain reliever prescribed before from the VA. I also take low dose aspirine each morning.

OK, so I got a couple big bags of dog food and a 50# bag of goat pellets on the way home from the VA Monday (hurt!). Then Tuesday went and got the 12 bags of pellets, 25# of mineral, and a 3'x3'x8' (800#) bale of hay. By the time everything was unloaded/put away, I was wiped. Didn't finish breaking down and moving/stacking that hay inside till well after dark. The final bit was pure torture. Could barely walk last night. Extreme pain. Have spent most of today in bed dosing on NSAIDs to moderate the pain. Am able to get around and function, but at a cost... It hurts. Am forcing myself to move to do animal chores but little else. Have so far NOT taken anymore oxycodone (morphine based). Have also avoided starting another 5 day pack of steroids. It's tough.

OK, wasn't (aren't/not) crying for sympathy... just letting y'all know what's going on here. Hope everyone is enjoying a better hump day than I. 76° and very humid, had to turn the AC on this morning to get the temp down in here and eliminate some of the moisture. OK, time for me to go back to horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts