Livinwright Farm's Journal - Our life with goats

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
So glad to see things turn around for you. The babies are so cute. And love the colors on HighNote!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
kstaven said:
For some reason Benjamin looks like he is just full of himself.
LOL, I SO know what you mean, but really he is just the opposite. He is the lowest on the totem pole. The others don't beat him up, but for a while he was the object of HighNote's.... practice. :/ Poor little guy... why do growing herd sires have to be so gross? :rolleyes:

Well, we recently picked up two girls who are AGS registration pending that will be our real income makers in years to come.

First is Strawbale Farm's Pearl - the gray roan smart alec - :p
3120_pearl_onyx_020.jpg

Second is Strawbale Farm's Onyx - The black & white Miss "I have to be like by smart alec half sister" :p
3120_pearl_onyx_019.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
That little onyz is awful cute (even if her ears stick up)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
That little onyz is awful cute (even if her ears stick up)
Thanks :) ....wait a minute, "even if her ears stick up" ? They are Nigerians, their ears are supposed to stick up :lol:

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
They are very cute. Congratulations.
Thanks. The little black on has a brown spot on both of her back legs... not sure if they qualify for moonspots yet or not... I need to check her skin to see if there is a difference in color there or not, if so.. :thumbsup , if not.. oh well. :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Oh, I will have to get them on leads and take some good "show" pictures, but their lines look really good, their teats are perfect(no spurs/scurs), and their hipbones are looking great(so far) for ease of kidding... but time will tell. I like what I have seen pedigree wise, and their dams' have decent capacious udders with large, reportedly easy to milk, teats.