Livinwright Farm's Journal - Our life with goats

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Well, a lot has been happening at our farm over the last week. We built, stained, roofed(see though), and put up shakes on the new hen house barn expansion, we had our first scheduled homeschooler field trip to our farm, the hens appear to be coming out of molt(4 eggs in the last 3 days), lots of new customers, and have a couple breeding opportunities for our bucks, one with a blue eyed b&w pygmy doe( :fl :fl for at least 1 blue eyed doeling!!!), and the other is an unknown.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
party0003.gif

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
Well, a lot has been happening at our farm over the last week. We built, stained, roofed(see though), and put up shakes on the new hen house barn expansion, we had our first scheduled homeschooler field trip to our farm, the hens appear to be coming out of molt(4 eggs in the last 3 days), lots of new customers, and have a couple breeding opportunities for our bucks, one with a blue eyed b&w pygmy doe( :fl :fl for at least 1 blue eyed doeling!!!), and the other is an unknown.
Love the fact that you open up your farm to the homeschoolers. You would be amazed. Every one of those children now have another opened door for success and future advancements. As a homeschooler mom, people like you help us educate our children. For a successful future. You should be commended.

:clap :thumbsup

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Livinwright Farm said:
Love the fact that you open up your farm to the homeschoolers. You would be amazed. Every one of those children now have another opened door for success and future advancements. As a homeschooler mom, people like you help us educate our children. For a successful future. You should be commended.

:clap :thumbsup
Aww, thanks
We have been going over costs, and trying to think of a reasonable fee that would cover teaching kids how to make riccotta and then sending them home with what they have made. Once we are able to get ahold of some rennet, we would be able to teach them how to make other cheeses, like mozzerella.
We love having kids around(human as well as goatie) :)

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just to caution you, in VT is is illegal to have raw cheese classes and VT is pro raw milk sales (when animals are tested). It is illegal to have anyone use milk from animals that haven't been health tested. Check your local laws before you make cheese with kids, terrible world we live in that we can't teach people how to eat naturally legally.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
PattySh said:
Just to caution you, in VT is is illegal to have raw cheese classes and VT is pro raw milk sales (when animals are tested). It is illegal to have anyone use milk from animals that haven't been health tested. Check your local laws before you make cheese with kids, terrible world we live in that we can't teach people how to eat naturally legally.
Sad but true. Shame that's Government at work. Along with the School System. See, their intentions are only to make you and me totally reliable on Government.

Please check the laws Livinwright. Don't take the chance. They can make life miserable for you. For something that you only want to help educate. Shame. All this knowledge going to waste. :(

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
PattySh said:
Oh, I know NH's raw milk/cheese laws! I made sure to reseach that when we first had a doe come into milk! ;) :thumbsup

We are complete okay to do it ;)
Also we can sell up to 19 quarts of raw milk per day without having to under go ANY inspection or get a permit :D NH is awesome! I don't recall reading anything about having to test animals, but we test anyways! July 2011 certified NEGATIVE fo CL, CAE, and Johnes!

Edited To Add: Y'all need to move to NH, and bring a couple goat knowledgable veterinarians with you! ;) :thumbsup

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Over the past week, I have been watching a friend's farm... I can't believe I forgot to post this picture here!

How many of you have ever seen this happen? I honestly can't think of HOW it could have happened!
Silly goat!
3120_029.jpg

Very happy that it wasn't the buck! That bucket would have been disgusting :sick

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
:th Truthfully never seen that one before. I've seen Dogs get in to all kinds of openings not able to get through but your Goat is a first, :lol: