1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

He had to stay in the BYH family.....lol......I mean it when i say...you meet this creature and you will never forget him, he is a awesomeness to the max ....:thumbsup

2. Mar 6, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

I'm thinking Mel could be over that fence in 1/4 second if he wanted to. Best to keep on as you have, out only when supervised. It does seem he is fitting in pretty darn well. Adding a dog to 2 other dogs doesn't always go easily.

3. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Adding Mel- has been a positive for our two girls....however we are keeping Mel under pretty strict guidence for fear he may jump ship and wander back to Texas...so his outside time is with us or he has the back porch...we walk the fence lines several times a day and i tell him this is hiis to watch, and he loves going to do the feeding of the animals and will sit with the goats....it will take some time but it is going better than i expected....he actually let me lay on the floor and hug him tonight and put his front leg over me and licked my face , lol
    And i will be calling vet tommrow to schedule his nutering and getting him micro chipped as he has no ID on him ...I may take a permanent marker and put his name address and phone number on him on his underside some place.....can not lose him !

CntryBoy777, GypsyG, Carla D and 4 others like this.
  4. Mar 6, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Walmart has those ID engraving machines that makes tags so you can put all of your contact info to add to his collar. I'm sure other places do also but we are variety of stores deprived here. :)

I followed SBC's comments on what and how to talk to Maisy when we brought her home and she was ours the day she got here so it does definitely work. She literally went from being a skittish confused animal to totally bonded in 24 hours.

5. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

He hasn't gotten a collar yet...it's on my catch up list, lol....besides, people around here would just remove collar and take Mel, I don't want to tattoo him, but he needs permanent ID for sure

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. Mar 6, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

This gave me goosebumps. How sweet!

7. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

It sure is a special feeling being accepted by such a magnificent creature ....

8. Mar 6, 2019
    HomeOnTheRange

HomeOnTheRange Mowing the Green, Green Grass of Home Golden Herd Member

So glad to see Mel has found such a great HOME.
    [​IMG]

9. Mar 7, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Got my first official goodmorning greeting from Mel when I staggered into the living room this morning, ....he had just come in from outside came up to where I was sitting still half asleep ...and gave me a full face drooling lick to say hello....that yummy slimy drooling kiss...ment the world to me !:love :yesss:

10. Mar 7, 2019
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres Herd Master

:love