Messybun’s Small starts big dreams

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello there. So, the chicks have decided to adopt me. I’ve never had a batch this friendly! One got beat up, or stepped on, or fell out of an airplane. It was curled up in a corner bleeding and going into shock. So it of course came in the house for intensive tlc. Now it’s back up and walking, and waiting by the back door to come back in. I don’t spoil my animals lol. Unfortunately this is a roo I’m pretty sure. Also got quackers in the bator. My friend wants ducklings to expand her flock, I’m excited for the hatch! Especially not having the allergy bombs for more than a few days lol!
My garden is tiny for most of y’all, but it’s better than last years for me. I now have two raised beds, and a potato tower. Last year I did two large patches in the ground and it died for one reason or another, but the raised bed did beautifully. Hopefully I can get some good stuff. I also have compost that took a year to work on, it is SO beautiful. Perfectly black and Great texture. I’m telling you guys this because my family thinks I’m weird in my dirt pride.
Ooh, what else? I found lice on my goat, they tend to be good with internal parasite resistance but I always seem to find knits on them, like every year. I’ve got the heebety jeebeties, but I already dusted everybody with diatomaceous earth, so they should be cleared up in a few days.

Still need to clean the yard and garden up. But hopefully you’ll get some great after photos in a little while!

Attachments

• E75A73C0-4070-476A-808A-5B3B368BFF83.jpeg
    E75A73C0-4070-476A-808A-5B3B368BFF83.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 9980099E-FF3F-4628-BBD3-A17E563C1E97.jpeg
    9980099E-FF3F-4628-BBD3-A17E563C1E97.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 72

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The garden pictures I promised. We had a few nights down in the forties and it either killed or delayed most of the other plants, but the potatoes are thriving! And I got sent a batch of seed potatoes I forgot I ordered last year. So hopefully I’ll get a big harvest! The duck is my mr. scovers. He is the best drake so far! He goes and checks on his girl, my other Scovie, who is brooding and he frequently checks on the other duck who hatched a baby. Oh, and I had another duck who managed to hatch a duckling! Now I have one momma duck, one broody duck, and another duck trying to go broody I think. Not to mention about half a dozen hens trying to hatch! I love it, but they’re driving me crazy!
Have I mentioned college lately? Well, I had a beautiful realization. College isn’t for me, and it sounds a bit like a nightmare, even though I have a full ride I really hate to waste. In any case, someone mentioned real estate. It sounds a bit great! Flexible, huge growth potential, relatively quick in, not working with fryers. Also, relatively easily transferable to other states. Because the market is booming at the moment I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get in the black from the initial investment sooner; I’ve been told it usually takes about a year to start really turning profits.
The ducklings I hatched for my friend are still in my house. She’s having to juggle brooder space, so I’m keeping them until Wednesday lol. Only two hatched though.

Attachments

• BBE827B1-E46B-46FE-9485-36748CEBE634.jpeg
    BBE827B1-E46B-46FE-9485-36748CEBE634.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 62
  • CBDD74A2-0FAE-4FC2-9BB9-84EE12BCF8E1.jpeg
    CBDD74A2-0FAE-4FC2-9BB9-84EE12BCF8E1.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 63

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I missed out on jobs because I didn’t have a degree. Are you kidding me? I’m qualified, I’m good at what I do and I can’t be hired because I didn’t get a degree in underwater basket weaving? LOL LOL But I did alright all my life, owned a couple of businesses, always had a job unless I didn’t want one.

Go for it. Throw your whole self in it. To be a top sales person, put the clients needs first. You help them get what they want, then you get what you want, which is your commission. People can be a pain, but turn it around by truly caring for what they want, need and their dreams. Owning a home is a big deal and always show respect, just like you want respect from the men who ignore you and talk to your dad or brother when it’s you that knows what’s what with your animals.

Not everyone is college material and you don’t need a piece of paper that cost you $100,000 to prove that you are smart. Know that the real estate market is in flux, always moving. Take care of your money when times are good, because slow downs come around. Having a savings account or investments to fall back will keep the bills paid. By all means, go for it.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I missed out on jobs because I didn’t have a degree. Are you kidding me? I’m qualified, I’m good at what I do and I can’t be hired because I didn’t get a degree in underwater basket weaving? LOL LOL But I did alright all my life, owned a couple of businesses, always had a job unless I didn’t want one.

Go for it. Throw your whole self in it. To be a top sales person, put the clients needs first. You help them get what they want, then you get what you want, which is your commission. People can be a pain, but turn it around by truly caring for what they want, need and their dreams. Owning a home is a big deal and always show respect, just like you want respect from the men who ignore you and talk to your dad or brother when it’s you that knows what’s what with your animals.

Not everyone is college material and you don’t need a piece of paper that cost you $100,000 to prove that you are smart. Know that the real estate market is in flux, always moving. Take care of your money when times are good, because slow downs come around. Having a savings account or investments to fall back will keep the bills paid. By all means, go for it.
You know, I did think about that degree, but I just don’t like scuba. Thank you. Definitely some good advice too.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did go to college, but honestly there are jobs/careers that don't require it that pay a lot more than I make. And a lot of college is probably not really needed. Trade schools are good too, hubby went to a trade school (electrician) and he makes the same as me.

I would recommend finding a good mentor if you are going to be a realtor, someone who you can look up to and does the job honestly and ethically. It's a changing market and there's going to be ups and downs, so squirrel away funds to see you through the slow patches. You may want to have a separate phone or number at least for work versus private, and be ready for calls at all hours, some people are idiots or entitled. Make a work schedule and stick to it. The realtor who helped us get our house has Sundays off with her family, and never does work on Sundays unless a dire emergency, otherwise she's practically on call the rest of the week.

I also recommend knowing how to research the property, zoning, and permits. Knowing what is already permitted or not, and what restrictions are on a property can really help a client narrow down their search and prevent you and them from wasting time on an unsuitable property. Plus you might be able to help them find a steal of a deal no one else is looking at because it was listed wrong or presented wrong. We got our house because it was listed as unable to get regular loan because the manufactured home wasn't on permanent foundation, which lenders won't touch with a ten foot pole. I spent 5 minutes on the county website and found a copy of permit showing it was on permanent foundation, which meant our lender approved the loan and we got the house and 10 acres!

Latest posts