Moving with an LGD

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also have had problems with opening the site. FRUSTRATING!

newbiekat you are on the right track. Now, go get the dog! Don't want him to be put down or shipped off to a looney-save-LGD's-from-being-put-outside-to-work-rescue sort of place. :barnie

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I agree, go get the dog! Even if he becomes a companion/family dog, he will still protect all within his area that he knows is yours. I would hesitate to tie him off to a cable. They are very smart animals and he could develop resentment or other issues. Lots more info here in threads, but for now, go get him!

newbiekat

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, another disappointing venture... As I thought we were onto something, I called the shelter, who led me to the animal hospital, who led me to animal control, who told me that he got a call for the dog several weeks back. Come to find out, the dog was not picked up by animal control, but had made it to the shelter at some point (by means of someone else I guess) within the last few weeks and was already adopted out by the time I had called. :hit

So... again, another failed attempt at getting the dog. *sigh* I guess it just wasn't meant to be....