newton's the goats journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Perhaps you have more people around on eggnog making day! Given neither DD drinks any alcohol, and DW and I don't drink much, we would very much be sh1tfaced if we drank the whole batch.

I think I posted pictures of the process. Might have been here BUT more likely over on BYC in the cooking threads.
Well go find it and post the pictures here!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nag, nag, nag, nag!!! ;)
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/devonviolet-acres.30335/page-266#post-526196

I didn't even post it in MY Journal I posted it in @Devonviolet's!
Mamma Wall's Eggnog is the BEST! Yes, my Grandmother made it with 12 shots of bourbon and it would blow your head off. As a little kid, I was freely given eggnog. My Mother remembered Mamma Wall making eggnog for breakfast on Christmas morning. As a child, she was also given eggnog. We have a lot of responsible adults in our family that lived to a ripe old age, they were probably well preserved by all the eggnog they drank. LOL LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, probably asleep so they couldn't do anything dangerous to shorten their lives!
If you had known my Great Grandmother or my Grandmother, you would NEVER accuse them of being asleep! Feisty, opinionated, strong willed, up on current events, neither one was anyone to tangle with. I miss them, they really livened up family gatherings!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you had known my Great Grandmother or my Grandmother, you would NEVER accuse them of being asleep! Feisty, opinionated, strong willed, up on current events, neither one was anyone to tangle with. I miss them, they really livened up family gatherings!
I wish my family was more like yours during family gatherings. Both sides tend to be fairly calm and collected and non ever drink too much qhich i boring. Though i can say ive seen my one "very proper" grandmother tipsy when her friend and his daughter brought her some moonshine :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish my family was more like yours during family gatherings. Both sides tend to be fairly calm and collected and non ever drink too much qhich i boring. Though i can say ive seen my one "very proper" grandmother tipsy when her friend and his daughter brought her some moonshine :lol:
Oh, nobody ever got drunk (except the alcohol addled children LOL). My Mother's favorite word was moderation. To her, a drink was not a sin, but to become drunk was a sin. So we had our eggnog, had a lively and fun gathering, without the arguing that often breaks out when alcohol is added to the mix.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh, nobody ever got drunk (except the alcohol addled children LOL). My Mother's favorite word was moderation. To her, a drink was not a sin, but to become drunk was a sin. So we had our eggnog, had a lively and fun gathering, without the arguing that often breaks out when alcohol is added to the mix.
Ya know you mother sounds like a very respectable well rounded woman! I agree with what she said full heartedly that moderation is the way :lol: