NH Homesteader- turkeys!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was truly not at all dramatic once the new hen stood up for herself. They're kind of avoiding each other at the moment but not fighting. We picked a smallish tom because our black spanish is small and we don't need gigantic turkeys anyway. But my husband said he is plenty strong!

Side note- turkeys make your Jeep smell REALLY BAD. Need a bigger farm truck!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have some nice turkeys! Haha, have made my husband haul chickens in the back seat of his truck. I wrapped the cage well so no stray squirts, but it still smells! If turkeys stink worse than that........PHEW!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
It got really bad halfway home so I think one pooed... Yuck!

Had a bonfire/brush burning tonight. The kiddo loved it. One dog loved it. The other was terrified. Pigs watched us, I think they were trying to figure out if we were going to feed them.

So I got a call from the people I sold goats to in August. They were looking for birthdates for the vet. I never got their registration from the previous owner do I only knew that he could look one up on the ADGA site but the other was AGS and I don't even know her registered name. Anyway apparently they had a friend over for dinner the other night and the guy went whoa... I think I know these goats. Turns out he was the ex-husband of the woman I bought them from. Small world (they don't live near me or each other at all), and now he can get information directly from the breeder

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
0112171051d_HDR.jpg
It's so gross here today. Mud and ice and slush. So pardon the grossness in this picture, it isn't usually that bad in the turkey pen!

He was in with a bunch of other toms where he was, and now he's alone with the ladies. I bet he's thrilled!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyway apparently they had a friend over for dinner the other night and the guy went whoa... I think I know these goats. Turns out he was the ex-husband of the woman I bought them from. Small world (they don't live near me or each other at all), and now he can get information directly from the breeder
Haha!! and he thought he divorced those goats! :lol::lol: He got invited to dinner only to find the GOAT STALKERS!! :gig:gig

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aaaand my husband talked to the guy we got that free shed from a while ago and he wants to buy heritage turkeys from us for Thanksgiving. And also goat meat when we get to that point. He only eats heritage birds, might buy chickens too. And is perfectly aware of and fine with the high costs of farm fresh heritage birds. So, yay!

Latest posts