Not liking alfalfa

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cut the alfalfa pellets out till our winter...I sprinkle the mana pro loose minerals in their goat pellet feed, they get some morning and late afternoon, hay always full, fresh water...and let them whine for a few days,....they will eat the hay , lol ( i use the Dumor goat pellets 2x day) winter or before ready to breed, I add the BOSS, alfalfa pellets to dumor goat pellets to condition the doe 's for breeding.....all ff doe's had twins , trips and quads....and got a great blue eyed registerd buck who produces happy 75 percent female swimmers... doe's last two seasons with that sweet heart. :thumbsup

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cut the alfalfa pellets out till our winter...I sprinkle the mana pro loose minerals in their goat pellet feed, they get some morning and late afternoon, hay always full, fresh water...and let them whine for a few days,....they will eat the hay , lol ( i use the Dumor goat pellets 2x day) winter or before ready to breed, I add the BOSS, alfalfa pellets to dumor goat pellets to condition the doe 's for breeding.....all ff doe's had twins , trips and quads....and got a great blue eyed registerd buck who produces happy 75 percent female swimmers... doe's last two seasons with that sweet heart. :thumbsup

Ok, I need to talk to you before breeding time lol. I’m waiting til the beginning of the new year.

I’m cutting off the alfalfa pellets and will keep hay full as usual. Should I keep pushing with the coastal? It’s very new to them, would they have rumen issues?

Yeah, mana pro is the bag of minerals I get.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful to me.

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ooh can you feed that for dairies? Just like alfalfa free choice and what not?
I feed it to Nigerian dwarfs, the lady I bought my buck from feeds it and recommended it. But I dont milk so cant tell you how it would affect your goats or milk. I'm not sure where all its available at but when I build up a little money again I'm going to make the almost hour trip for a couple bags again. It has to be stored in a cool dry place. I ruined 1/2 a bag in the heat wave.

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you stick with a regular feeding routine and feeds you won't have many issues, what works in Ohio may not work or be availble in Florida...use what you know works for your goats. :)

Very true. For now I’m sticking to coastal/enforcing it lol. No pellets since yesterday. The yelling started at 6 AM. But hopefully they stick to the hay and that’s it.