Olive: Pup Update 4/10

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have had one heck of a few months here. DH's department closed at work and while he still has a job, his hours are a mess and we never know week-to-week what to expect. Then an unexpected opportunity landed in my lap and I jumped on it. I got a new job so I am in the middle of packing up my classroom and moving to a new school. I will also be teaching for Purdue University in addition to the new high school so lot and lots of changes going on.

Pups have all gone to their new farms, except for the two we kept.

Moxie is working a farm nearby us, guarding goats and is the love of three young children.

Winnie is on another local farm that raises completely organic and non-gmo feeds and meats.

Boris is working with goats and cattle just north of us in Michigan.

Ammy is in Illinois working with sheep and goats.

Bear took to a cushy life at a huge fenced property with 3 young boys where he is spoiled to pieces.

Our fellas, Tater and Teddy, are learning their roles here. Tater is the calmer and more watchful of the two and is now with the boers alongside his "auntie" who is training him well. Teddy, who we knew was a bit more mischievous but is also more independent, is with our adult milking does and kids. He is the kind of digging holes and catching moles and squirrels at this point. Both boys weighed in last week at 52lbs. I really need to get updated pics.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grown and gone, how time flies. I hope things settle down for you and DH and that you have a fabulous summer vacation.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new job for you! Teaching at Purdue as well... Impressive! :thumbsup Sorry to hear hubby's employment is blowing in the wind so to speak... Hope things settle down there and stabilize for him, that has to make life uncomfortable... Grats on placing all the pups with good owners. Sounds like they will all do fine! I'm sure the two you kept will turn out as good as their parents :D Thanks for the update! Hope you have a great teacher's summer!