Our Parker Is Gone

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry Bay! I've been away from BYH for a while and just found this thread. What a wonderful tribute of memories posted above and what a sad loss for all of you. Though I'm sorry for his passing, I'm glad he's no longer in pain.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aching with sadness at the loss of your faithful companion. It never seems fair to lose them, whether it is after 7 years or 17 years. My heart goes out to your granddaughters as they will be so lost without their best buddy and you will miss his watching over them.
I can only tell you that I can understand as it was heartbreaking to lose my white GS many years ago.
No one will ever take his place but someday you will find another to take up his duties. Everytime I lost one, somehow, another just appeared to fill some of the emptiness and make a place for themselves alongside the one lost. I am waiting for the next one to show up and become indespensible to me again.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I read your tribute and am crying for you now. Dogs don't steal our hearts, we give them willingly knowing that they will give so much more. They ask nothing except to give us their devotion, love, protection, faithfulness, everything to the last. You did the right thing, it is our final gift to spare them pain at the end. We grieve when they leave us, but how much better to have had that companionship than to have been without it. :hugs So hard for your family and the children.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have cried off and on all weekend. BJ will have me read it to him and he is sniffing all the way through, I have to stop to compose myself to keep reading.

I feel sorry for anyone who has never known the pure love of a dog.