Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have gotten Fall butchering and a good clean up of the rabbit shed done before Christmas, so other than some general routine day to day clean up, should be able to enjoy the holiday without that hanging over my head. I will have to do another good clean up before New Year's, but that's for next week. :celebrate

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas my friends! We got some snow again today, and this time it stuck. Tomorrow we drive up North a little piece and they got more, but no problem.

We got past today's services at church, and nice as they were, now it's time to relax. A little spiked hot cocoa, winds blowin', lights twinkling, rabbits fed, and family is in for the night. To all a good night!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were all set for church this morning, but to go with the frigid temp it dumped abt 3" on us this am and made the Elders fearful of our folks falling or driving off in the ditch. So, no church on last day of 2017. I would have preferred going out having been to church, but there's always 2018.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
After a low last night of -10, the sun came out bright and warmed things up to abt +10. Funny that it actually felt warm enough to rake out old straw and get some cleanup done. Cold again tonight, then up to 19 tomorrow! :woot
Then, I think we get more snow, but above 0 is good.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some fun facts about freezing temperatures and snow:
Snow doesn't melt or go away at 0 degs F.
Snow will begin to get more damp and easier to pack at +19 degs F.

If one were to pack a snowball in +19 deg weather, and throw it at ones church secretary, she may not find it as funny as the one throwing it. :gig
If the church secretary is also the treasurer, one should've known better, and threw said snowball after getting paid. o_O

Fortunately, the church secretary is also "Aunt" Karen to the pastor's boys, and she prefers to simply give a thumping and hold no grudges:smack

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are places getting ice and of a lot snow today that rarely get any at all. I lived in Charleston, SC for over 20 years and saw icing once and 2" of snow once. Our neighbor there said they got 8" of snow today on top of freezing roads. That city completely shuts down with even a hint of ice because of all of the bridges over a slew of waterways.