Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well alone with 2 adorable dogs sounds better than a LONG drive....just that 😁 so, I'd say you dodged a bullet -- one that would only increase & lengthen your pain, plus the anxiety. Try to relax and smile at the good decision (esp since not being a grands visit). Turn on TV for noise.

Oh, practice acting sorry you couldn't go, when hubs returns. 🙄☺️

You can always find the bright spot!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dear Boone,

I noticed how badly you have outgrown your beloved platform bed, so out of gratitude for your unconditional affection and loyalty to me, I chose to upgrade you to one that fits, and can handle your not unsubstantial weight. TheMan and I risked our future relationship by working together to construct it last night, testing the boundaries of our patience with one another. Apparently this was done the night before you decided you no longer want or need a platform bed…but then, after laying on the floor in front of your costly but well intentioned gift, you followed me into the bedroom and squeezed your big self onto the tiny bed I went to such great lengths to replace…I stand before you now, holding a small tube of Preparation H, and dreaming of what might happen if I was to massage you with it….

Signed,
Tempted

IMG_7988.jpeg
IMG_7992.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, as Randy was packing to drive down to Calif by himself, he suddenly doubled over in pain and then started vomiting. Over the next 10 to 15 minutes he was not getting any better. We began to fear he may have ruptured his appendix. One of the bosses sons call the ambulance and Burns two hours away and they were gonna arrange to LifeFlight him if he needed surgery. Because I am so uncomfortable driving and Randy was in so much pain, and we were afraid time was of the essence, he agreed to Drive Randy as far as he could meet the ambulance and I would follow at a pace I could deal with. So glad because they canceled lifeflight because of bad weather and he wound up driving him all the way into ER in Idaho. The whole trip should’ve been 3 1/half hours to the hospital. I left at the same time but got there a half hour later and that’s with him having had to pull over several times on the side of the road so that Randy could throw up. I think he must have been speeding 🧐
God‘s grace it was not his appendix but it is a 5 mm kidney stone and he did have to stay in the hospital tonight. They wound up transferring him to different hospitals so they can do surgery in the morning. It’s been a really rough day. My pain levels were already high. My anxiety levels are now higher than my pain levels Fen’s Anxiety almost as bad as mine right now and I decided to let him sleep in the car tonight. I wasn’t able to get a motel room until 130 this morning. It’s 230 right now I’m not gonna get much sleep. I don’t know what time his surgery is going to be , I only know what room is in. I just hope I’m able to drive to the hospital from here in the morning.
I can’t help but think of how bad it would’ve been if this had happened to him tomorrow when he was driving to California by himself with no phone service it could’ve been really really really bad. Thank you, Lord.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my! I pray the surgery goes well and the two of you can get back home safely.

I just had a thought, if they prescribe him pain pills with a refill, tell the doctors your situation, how far it is to a pharmacy and your pain/health issues. Maybe the doctor could give a slightly “more” prescription so he doesn’t run out before either one of you are able to drive to town again.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG. You all are having a really, really rough year!! 🥹🫂. Prayers for you both! Hoping surgery goes well and you have the strength to drive home. This is a real predicament. 😞🤔 Not to mention expense. So right, happening on his trip, alone -- bad!!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my! I pray the surgery goes well and the two of you can get back home safely.

I just had a thought, if they prescribe him pain pills with a refill, tell the doctors your situation, how far it is to a pharmacy and your pain/health issues. Maybe the doctor could give a slightly “more” prescription so he doesn’t run out before either one of you are able to drive to town again.
Good idea, thank you!