Prayer Requests & Praises

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to say praise God today! I’ve been wanting to get my husband the recurve bow he’s talked about for years- a good strong bow capable for big game hunting. I have been unable to get it for him for awhile but planned for it for his birthday next month. I prayed this morning for some extra income just to make sure I could get him this, and wouldn’t you know I got a call and ended up selling the last of our buckskin and deer hides. I was fretting so much about it and turned it over to God and I’m thankful for His answer today. I know it may not seem like much, but my husband is always doing for others and helping other people out. Shooting a bow has been one of the hobbies I know he enjoys, so I wanted to be able to do something big to show him how special and appreciated he is. Praise God, I’m thankful for this.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
A couple prayer requests.
My cousin Kathy starts chemo today for stage 2 Pancreatic cancer.
And for me, have had a lot of stress the past couple of weeks and a good trail ride is my solace but that's not working out right now as my trailer jack is broke and needs replaced, plus I have poison ivy which makes me feel pretty crappy. And DH is leaving for school for a week when I just need a break after our first full week of homeschool for the year.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@promiseacres - I just got around to seeing this and reading your post. I said a prayer for your cousin going through cancer treatment, that God would lay healing hands on her and be with all the family during this time for comfort. I also prayed for you for an ease of stress after all that is going on for you, and that hopefully you had a fix so that you could go on a nice relaxing trail ride. How are things doing for you and your cousin?

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Please say prayers for those on the Eastern coastline who may be impacted by this now Category 5 Hurricane that is rolling up. I watch the hurricane/storm forecast daily, and at one point a few days ago they had this thing aimed entirely over Florida. It's shifted away and going up the coast, but it's still bringing dangerous wind and surge threats. Please pray for safety as it can potentially flood and do alot of damage if not much worse (hoping not). I hope folks in harms way will be evacuating now, if they haven't already.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could use some prayer for my back. I slipped something Wednesday when hoeing the garden. Thursday I had it adjusted and haven't missed any work. Since my second surgery in 2001 for lumbar region herniation, my diagnosis has been "chronic condition for spontaneous herniation". It does go out easy sometimes, but generally goes back in quickly only after pinching nerves, etc. That is the pain I currently have. I have been doubling up my med for inflammation, taking 8hr extra strength Tylenol, and low grade Vicodin as needed. Been using menthol muscle rub and back support belt.

The Safety manager let me wear the back brace for support under my uniform. We have to be careful what we wear so it doesn't get into the cheese or machinery. Usually, nothing is allowed from waist down. Nothing in pockets, no jewelry of any kind, no buttons on shirts. They have snaps. I was fortunate to be allowed to wear the brace. It has a plastic end that the nylon belt passes through, then doubles back to tighten and velcros in place.

I worked through the pain the first night, and after getting adjusted the next morning, started wearing the back belt while at work. So far, so good. My team at work has helped out a little as I've needed when it came to lifting catch pans from down low, etc. I can generally lift if the starting position doesn't require bending.

Some extra prayers are extremely valued.
Thank-you, Dave

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@HomesteaderWife thanks. Survived the week and poison ivy is cleared finally. My cousin is doing well and 6 more treatments to go. Trailer still isn't fixed but parts are on their way. And a friend and I finally went trail riding this past week. Plans have been changed a bit but God is good.
Praying @Pastor Dave

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Pastor Dave - I am praying God will lay a healing hand on you and help bring you some relief from this re-occuring problem. I'm glad that your co-workers have been so helpful and understanding of what's going on. I'm glad it has subsided and just will continue to pray for relief.

@promiseacres - I am glad to hear that pesky poison ivy is gone! I am also extremely happy to hear your cousin is doing well so far. Best wishes for the ongoing treatments! I know you'll be happy to get your trailer going and be able to go on further rides. There's something about horseback that does the mind good (provided you're on a good horse at that!)