Pregnant maybe?

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It can be normal for some does. Most don't leak, others do. Just keep an eye on her. I would say she is getting pretty close. Of course, she could make you wait 4-6 weeks and drive you crazy! Who know there is a small chance she may not even be bred at all.

I expect her to not be because that's how my luck goes . Lol. I have learned to lower my expectations But I'll just be prepared in case we get a bonus baby.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
from looking at her pictures i'm guessing she is indeed bred and that you will get that bonus baby, sooner rather than later. in looking at her horns i'm guessing she isn't precocious because of her age. she looks to be carrying one kid but since the fetus does 90% of its growing in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy she may pop on out there and gift you with 2 kids. look on here for the kidding threads and prepare youself a delivery kit just in case. baby goats are so much fun.

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
from looking at her pictures i'm guessing she is indeed bred and that you will get that bonus baby, sooner rather than later. in looking at her horns i'm guessing she isn't precocious because of her age. she looks to be carrying one kid but since the fetus does 90% of its growing in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy she may pop on out there and gift you with 2 kids. look on here for the kidding threads and prepare youself a delivery kit just in case. baby goats are so much fun.

I will thank you!

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It can be normal for some does. Most don't leak, others do. Just keep an eye on her. I would say she is getting pretty close. Of course, she could make you wait 4-6 weeks and drive you crazy! Who know there is a small chance she may not even be bred at all.

Today Bertha has a milky colored slime like discharge hanging from her girl parts.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Be prepared to pull the baby if necessary She looks like a large Nubian and they are know for having 3 and 4 kids. Since she doesn't look very large, it could only be 1 or 2. If it is a single, depending on what size buck she was bred to, it may be a large kid needing your help to get it out. Since she looks large herself, and has probably kidded before, lets hope that she will have no trouble and you hear the patter of little hooves soon!

On the other hand, if she was sold because of problems her previous owner had with her, you will want to be watchful. I always like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That way you are not caught off guard and will be prepared physically with your kidding kit, and mentally for problems. You need to down load pix of kidding presentations so you will know what to expect and what to recognize in the event you have to pull any kids. make sure you have dry clean towels and antibacterial soap. The soap is a lubricant if you have to reach inside, the towels will give you a grip on the slimy, slippery legs if you have to pull. They are also useful to help dry off the kids. Look on the kidding sites for other items you need in your kidding box. Don't forget your phone or camera to post pix!

Your husband's purchase may turn out to be a threefer! Good luck and let us know.

MargaretClare

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Be prepared to pull the baby if necessary She looks like a large Nubian and they are know for having 3 and 4 kids. Since she doesn't look very large, it could only be 1 or 2. If it is a single, depending on what size buck she was bred to, it may be a large kid needing your help to get it out. Since she looks large herself, and has probably kidded before, lets hope that she will have no trouble and you hear the patter of little hooves soon!

On the other hand, if she was sold because of problems her previous owner had with her, you will want to be watchful. I always like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That way you are not caught off guard and will be prepared physically with your kidding kit, and mentally for problems. You need to down load pix of kidding presentations so you will know what to expect and what to recognize in the event you have to pull any kids. make sure you have dry clean towels and antibacterial soap. The soap is a lubricant if you have to reach inside, the towels will give you a grip on the slimy, slippery legs if you have to pull. They are also useful to help dry off the kids. Look on the kidding sites for other items you need in your kidding box. Don't forget your phone or camera to post pix!

Your husband's purchase may turn out to be a threefer! Good luck and let us know.
She actually looks more like a Boer to me maybe but I'm not familiar with Nubians either, but everything else you said - yes definitely agree. :)

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

Thank you for all of your information! The goat is a Boer goat. I looked online and have a little emergency kit put together waiting. I'll add the soap .I was missing that. I'm praying everything goes well with her.

Latest posts