rachels.haven's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That coyote is a bad character. Since he is being a pest in so many places, I wonder if you and the neighbors could band together, call local TV stations, complain about the danger he presents and shame the authorities into capturing or killing him? Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. The nature worshippers get in the way here though, so I'm not sure how far it will go. Me warning my neighbors already got me threatening private messages as it is. "IF YOU SHOOT THAT COYOTE I will do blank blank blank to you". Great people live here, I tell you. No way am I feeding my kids (or even my goats and chickens) to that thing. A big dog would be extra nice now, I think. Something that takes trespassers seriously would be nice.

I just set up my gun safety class for licensing and the guy said he just did a whole lot of Groton people and asked why I wanted my license and he told me that's why this big mess of people were getting their licensing too. Lotsa new people with guns here, I guess (good and bad?). Now both DH and I will be $190 poorer when this is done and that's BEFORE we buy a gun, but in about a month we'll be ready for this coyte...if he doesn't get shot first (and I really hope he does).

Our Great Pyrenees is coming to town tomorrow. Wish us luck!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tell that idiot to come on over and show ya how well their "method" works....when reality is "face to face" with em....those "tree hugging, save the animals" idiots talk big when they just send $$ to others to do what they have no clue about....ya just don't see too many trying to feed the polar bears, do ya?.....nope, just send the $$ and we will take care of them....suure babe!!....just hold your breath til it gets there...;)...save the message....cause it is a threat made towards ya and it may come in handy for future events there...in case something stupid happens....:)

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep. That's my new plan. I only mentioned it to others earlier because there are some nice neighbors with pets and small children that I don't have emails for. I also found a few more people who want this thing dead, and one of them is a lady who was in her back yard and got menaced while she was playing with her 10 month old so her DH is going to shoot it, and she asked me to let them know if I get it first so they can relax, and someone who offered to come over and shoot it for me. My goat neighbor wants to do it first, but it's nice to have a plan with a backup while I work on my own gun. I also got updates on when it moved out of the area and ran into people because of how large and identifiable it is. I got a full 24 hours+ off of worrying because it was harassing people in town before swinging back around last night (and the goats knew it wasn't here without FB, they were relaxed during that time and sure aren't now). Not going to do that again though probably. Pity.

Wish animal control would just shoot it. It's basically a large vicious dog. It sounds, acts, and even half looks like a dog. I'm flabbergasted it's allowed to run at large like this.