Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry, I totally forgot to answer about the kid, no, he doesn't have experience yet. I offered to cover the behind the wheel driving school, though he can afford to pay his own way now that he's working. Just not really wanting to drive yet.

How is this for a not looking my age pic...
20180707_171650.jpg

I have the hardest time with eye makeup so I was trying out a new eyeliner, each eye was done with a different liner. I like the pen one and a twist up pencil style the best, don't care for the liquid paint type of liner.

Here is one of me when I was actually 15....
20180624_152620.jpg

I was putting away and boxing up family pics and photo albums and came across some old stuff.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Washer and dryer are on the fritz and no word back from the repair guy. Not sure if he is s till in the business or maybe retired already. Dryer runs but doesn't get hot, washer fills but wont spin/drain.:(

Alaska made contact with a goat raiser not too very far from where he lives and she and I were able to connect over facebook last night! :weeeHe had gone out to her place to see about the types of shelter/barn stuff. I may be able to meet her when I am up there in a few weeks. She has Nubians, Boers and Nigerians too! :D =D

And she said that I don't necessarily have to hire a broker, something that I had read while searching for transport/import laws for navigating the Canadian borders. Still trying to get more info on transport, the couple companies that got back to me can't help with goats.

We are in the hundreds here, supposed to be 106 today, and for those struggling with gas prices, I paid $3.99 a gallon recently...:eek: and :eek: and:thno wonder I'm tired!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
25 Max if I ignore those lighter color hairs. Of course I know someone who had totally white hair in her mid-late 20's. Changed back to black somehow. How did that happen?;)

Not surprising someone wondered if you were your son's girlfriend!

Alaska made contact with a goat raiser not too very far from where he lives
Dude is a keeper!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Gosh... methinks life in AK is going to be exceptionally boring compared to present day. Glad to hear there's goat folks close by up there for you! You are a beautiful young woman, and I can't say that I blame Alaska at all for wooing you! ;) Have the two of you set a date yet or waiting till after the TX trip? BTW... where in TX? There IS a TX contingent that would love to meet/greet with yall yaknow... justsayin...:)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would love a relatively boring life. I am thinking quiet, calm and peaceful sounds just lovely!... The introvert in me would love to have the opportunity to read a book, cuddled up in a porch swing, just listening to the birds or enjoying a class of wine on the porch watching the latest thunder/lightening storm, without having so many other things to worry about... but aside from just trucking on, what more can I do but be grateful for all the gifts I am given amidst the hurricane of my life? Today I have food, shelter, clothes (even if they are dirty), my vehicle works, I have a job, my kids are all healthy and thriving spreading their wings out in the world, my parents, grandmas and siblings, etc, are healthy and doing well, my friends are good to me, my animals are fed, my well has water, and I have someone that is actively making space in his life for me and the things that are most important to me. I have a lot more than many, much more than I deserve for sure and my tough times don't even come close to others difficulties and for that I too am grateful. :old

@Latestarter We will be about half hour north of San Antonio. We are going to be there for Christmas and new years for about 2 weeks. If we could, I would love to meet any of my BYH friends, if anyone is close enough and has time!

This made me cry... in a good way.
Kittys kastel.jpg

its a 3D mockup of the barn he is planning for me, I am struggling with the size, as I am not sure how much actual space to alot for each animal (considering goats like to beat the tar out of each other sometimes), understanding that a smaller structure would keep the body heat more contained and wanting to balance space, heat/cold, and the idea that Nubians and maybe the Nigerians may not want to go outside during a better part of winter, at least the first year. New Alaskan goat friend says her Nubians don't grow thick coats and stay inside all winter. Also understanding that the size herd I am (hopefully) bringing is smaller than my usual herd, we will eventually have kids that will instantly double the number of animals at least temporarily, and with the assumption that I may want to build back up to the "normal" size, if things go well.

This is just a screen shot, but in the viewer, I can see the inside and he put a 'me' and a 'him' inside the barn along with the chickens, geese and goats in their pens, as well as the hay bales!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's about a 6-6.5 hour drive for me to get to San Antonio. I have driven farther and longer to meet other BYH'ers. @Devonviolet lives ~ an hour closer to there than I and @Baymule about 90 minutes closer. Maybe you and your Significant other can determine a restaurant in the Austin area and we can make a reservation for a lunch get together one day while you're here? I have no problem taking care of animal chores and driving to meet you folks for a lunch/late lunch meal, then driving back to handle evening animal chores. :) Opportunities only present themselves rarely and I see it as one of those rare opportunities to be taken advantage of. I know there are other TX folks like @animalmom and some others down south in the area you'll be at that may also be interested.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
That would still be a long drive for you, but I will most definitely ask! I would love to meet my peeps in person! :D =D

Last edited: