Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s funny. Our 5 LGDs are spoiled too. They must have canned chicken and broth over their kibble or they refuse to eat. So I buy chicken lag quarters on sale and can them for the dogs. They lick the pans clean.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am sure that i told y'all about the "presents" we made for the kittens for christmas. We wrapped empty boxes, added small holes, large holes, and left them for the kittens to play with, climb in, chew on, do as they pleased with.... and they loved them. I was ready to throw them away today as they haven't played with them for weeks and I had some spare space in the trash cans. Trash day is tomorrow and I figured that we might clean up the family room by getting rid of the boxes. As my son walked past the couch carrying the boxes, OtterPop ran after him, meowing and when he paused to see what he wanted, Otter rubbed his cheeks along the corners of the boxes several times while chirping and making eye contact with DS1. Typical kid!!!! Doesnt play with his toys for weeks, but when you go to get rid of them, declares they are his absolute favorites and promises to put them away every day!!! I Pwomise!!! I weally weally pwomise!!!! I wuv my boxes!!!!

20210523_223224.jpg
20210523_213800.jpg
20210523_213750.jpg
20210523_213745.jpg

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am sure that i told y'all about the "presents" we made for the kittens for christmas. We wrapped empty boxes, added small holes, large holes, and left them for the kittens to play with, climb in, chew on, do as they pleased with.... and they loved them. I was ready to throw them away today as they haven't played with them for weeks and I had some spare space in the trash cans. Trash day is tomorrow and I figured that we might clean up the family room by getting rid of the boxes. As my son walked past the couch carrying the boxes, OtterPop ran after him, meowing and when he paused to see what he wanted, Otter rubbed his cheeks along the corners of the boxes several times while chirping and making eye contact with DS1. Typical kid!!!! Doesnt play with his toys for weeks, but when you go to get rid of them, declares they are his absolute favorites and promises to put them away every day!!! I Pwomise!!! I weally weally pwomise!!!! I wuv my boxes!!!!

View attachment 85302View attachment 85303View attachment 85304View attachment 85305
I absolutely love photos of your dachshund! He looks just like mine.
18F5F3A1-D01A-49B2-BF77-1214F84B2885.jpeg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I absolutely love photos of your dachshund! He looks just like mine.
She is a longhaired dappled/merle with heterochromia, one blue eye and one brown. I have never seen another on that looks like Doodles! We are just starting to see some dappled in the area but they almost all short haired and I still dont ever see the blue eyes in dachshunds.

Attachments

• 20210521_195056.jpg
    20210521_195056.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 94

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cute pics of Karma and her kitten Plank

Karma and Plank.jpg
Karma n plank .jpg

Ok. Now I have a sad story. May 5th, mom and I went to have some work done on my truck. We had plans to stop at Lowes after, since it was in the same parking lot, then head to the feed mill to get goat food. We had discussed the plan literally just 10 minutes before the truck was finished and yet, when she asked where we were going once were in the truck, I insisted we were going to get feed... totally forgot about Lowes. We got there and were the only customers. Just as they brought the pallet out to start loading the truck, one of the guys starts asking my mom if we like cats.... she says yes, but we dont need anymore.... 2x. Turns out that a feral had just given birth behind the pallet they were moving and ran off. Mom insisted that she thought the mama would be back... but I didnt think she would have. Most likely she snuck in there at night when things were quiet, but now that all the machines and elevators, pallet jacks and forklifts were running, and would be all day, she would likely find a safer and quieter place to finish. They brought the kitten to me on a piece of cardboard, she was able to breathe, but was still mostly covered with the sack, placenta attached and she was getting cold. Hadnt even been cleaned off. So she was christened Jalle Jalapeno (cinco de mayo) and I spent the next several days playing mama kitty and getting up every 4 hours to feed her. My mom (her grandma) bought her several extra bottles, both different brands of kitten formula and her own little pink lovie. As exhausting as it is, I was really enjoying her and we couldnt wait for her to open her eyes. Bur she didnt make it. A few days in, she stopped sucking as well. and she seemed to have some little sniffles. I had a heat lamp for her, but perhaps she got too cold on our trip... I am not one hundred percent sure. I do know I gave her the best chance she could have had. But it was really devastating for me. I havent lost a kitten in years, especially not one I managed to get going strong. We made it to 9 days. It wont stop me from trying again the next time, but man it hurts. Pics of my little love....

IMG_0389.jpg
20210509_152940.jpg
20210506_135209.jpg
20210509_152811.jpg

And this one is for @Finnie

Doodles
Doodles .jpg

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is a longhaired dappled/merle with heterochromia, one blue eye and one brown. I have never seen another on that looks like Doodles! We are just starting to see some dappled in the area but they almost all short haired and I still dont ever see the blue eyes in dachshunds.
Toby is a blue and tan dapple piebald longhair. So he would be pretty much the same as Doodles, except his nose, eye rims and lips are grey instead of black. And his merling patches vary from light to dark grey with no black. The blue gene also lightens his eye color, so it’s more like the color of a Weimaraner’s eyes. Toby has some heterochromia too! But it’s just one spot of blue on his right eye. I call it his jewel.

I’m sorry about your bottle kitten. :hugs
And this one is for @Finnie
Thanks! I love her grin! 😍

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want Karma!! Send her to me. :hide
You say that now..... until she side eyes you and sighs because you forgot to add an egg to her food, or rings the darn bells just when you get cozy and have to put your brace back on just to get up to let her back out..... or when she gives your boobs a shove just because she is a rotten little fink. She is coming around to be a really awesome dog though and I am absolutely in love with her. So different from any other dog Ive ever had. I have no doubt she will protect me from everyone, whether I want her to or not..... Im not too sure about how dating is going to proceed with Karma having an opinion and the wherewithal to voice it. Kind of think she isnt particularly fond of most men, even my boys friends that are all total pussycats and very patient just waiting for her to come around and get used to them being here. That said, she does like my ex. He stopped by to pick the boys up to go out for DS1s birthday and was blown away both by her size (last time he saw her we had stayed in their apartment for a few days and she was only 50lbs) and how she flipped the switch from Barky-Mc-Dont-come-near-my-property, to Oh-hey-I-think-I-like-you-playbow-wanna-come-play-and-pet-my-belly? I think telling him to do the no-touch no-talk no-eye-contact might have made him a touch nervous too, but it works. I dont think he totally trusted that she was really cool with him even when she was on her back pawing at him. Big dog, big teeth, big opinions! Cant say I blame him. If my ex had a dog that could literally eat me Id be really nervous if I wasnt on good terms with them.... He should definitely stay on good terms with me... just sayin. :old

Latest posts