redtailgal~weightloss~first goal 230

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I am also attempting to lose weight after a long time of neglecting my body. I've got you all topped in the weight department and I'm not using any specific structured diet. Believe it or not, I've never actually been on a real, intentional diet in my life.

For now, I'm concentrating on just getting fit and refocusing my emotional triggers and letting God guide me and help me. I started near the Nov. 1st, give or take a day, and have lost 19 lbs. so far but I've not really tried yet. Just keeping busy, eating more frequent but smaller meals, hydrating well and started to walk 2-3 times a week since the first week of Dec.

I hope to kick it into higher gear after the holidays(though ate like a pig for Christmas and still lost 2 lbs!) and get more toning exercise into my daily routine by walking and training the dog, hiking the woods and hills a little and just working at outdoor chores.

I can't contribute my weight loss to anything that I have done on my own, really....I believe God is helping me and for a particular purpose. He is really curbing my appetite, has provided a way for me to escape increased stress from outside sources and is also providing me with a worthy work project to keep me busy and productive.

All Glory and praise go to the good Lord and not to my efforts, that's for sure and certain! :)

I would like to join you all and encourage all who are going down this tough path!!! :thumbsup
CONGRATS!!!! :celebrate keep up the good work.

I am glad you are joining us too!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I made a weight loss journal and I even posted pics!!! Can't believe I did that. :th

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I think after all the fudge is gone here I will have to work on more weight loss goals! :th I figure by the beginning of the new year I should be able to get on track. I have the diet shake mixes here (I can get them from DHs work for free), just have to start using them again. I guess I should get some pictures together too! :hide I need to get to the exercising part too, but that is a challenge in itself since it is winter time and I have to do things with the kids in tow. I could start walking up and down the road, but I'll have to see how that works with the oldest 2 boys along, and it will be hard to do on cold days. I will think of something I am sure.

ETA: My stepmom has been on WW before so I could probably borrow her books if I needed to.

autumnprairie

Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
I think after all the fudge is gone here I will have to work on more weight loss goals! :th I figure by the beginning of the new year I should be able to get on track. I have the diet shake mixes here (I can get them from DHs work for free), just have to start using them again. I guess I should get some pictures together too! :hide I need to get to the exercising part too, but that is a challenge in itself since it is winter time and I have to do things with the kids in tow. I could start walking up and down the road, but I'll have to see how that works with the oldest 2 boys along, and it will be hard to do on cold days. I will think of something I am sure.

ETA: My stepmom has been on WW before so I could probably borrow her books if I needed to.
Welcome aboard, WW has a 1 week free trial, I really like the info so far.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
catthin1.jpg

Just for us trying to lose weight (me included)!

redtailgal

Reaction score
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!

Wow, I am thrilled at how many of you ladies have jumped on the wagon.

We need a group name..........hmmm...........

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like your enthusiasm!!! :lol: I'll never be a red hot mama but I'd sure like to be a mama that can bend over and tie her shoes without getting red hot in the face! :D I think that is a wonderful name!

autumnprairie

Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I like your enthusiasm!!! :lol: I'll never be a red hot mama but I'd sure like to be a mama that can bend over and tie her shoes without getting red hot in the face! :D I think that is a wonderful name!
:yuckyuck
I like the name too!

redtailgal

Reaction score
Why would you never be a red hot mama?

Ask most men (ok, adult men, not partialy grown goobers)...........they will tell you that a woman who is confident, and happy, and can smile without that glint of self-doubt in her eyes is a woman who just oozes Red hot mama-ness.

Are you telling me that you will never be confident, and happy?