SA Farm's journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, DS got chunky, then shot up, then put on weight, then got tall.... and taller.... and taller. 6ft at 12 with size 11-12 feet. Couldn't dribble a ball and run down a basketball court.... but he had a good arm and real good eye hand coordination so was great at softball/baseball. Pitcher & first base mostly. 6'6" now, size 16 shoes mostly.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, with me being a stay at home mom and DH in school, we don’t have a lot of extra money for things like fencing. It’s on that mile-long list of things we need, though.
I think my boy is going to be quite tall. I am and so is DH, though it would surprise me if he went above 6’4. He started off at 8lbs 8oz and has made it to 24lbs at 5months...off the growth charts according to his doc 😂 No wonder my back isn’t happy 🙄
I finally got a few pics of the sheep today! Yay me lol. I usually take care of the birds while DH takes care of the sheep, but today we worked together....okay, fine. He worked while I took pics 😝
A52B87B9-5886-4E40-A57F-A37B498EB91D.jpeg

B626ADB5-CF78-445E-A667-D60C502D5901.jpeg

F49437FD-4B6E-4421-B32B-3B5B4133808E.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your son is growing faster than mine did. He was 7 lbs 7 oz at birth 10 lbs at a week/10 days.... 30 lbs at a year.... I am glad he didn't grow any faster.... WOW.... God bless your back. My son didn't start walking until 13 months, didn't need to, he could scoot around on his butt and pull himself up whenever he wanted.... once he started, it was game on.... just trying to keep up.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Turns out some of my back pain may not even be back pain. Few months ago I went to the hospital with pain in the centre of my back so bad! I was sure it was a pinched nerve or something. Doc that saw me decided it was just a strained muscle, go on home with some muscle relaxants 🙄 I knew he was wrong, but whatever 🤷‍♀️
Pain off and on continued, but was manageable enough until New Year’s Day. I woke up at 2am in pain, powered through until I managed to get some sleep. Pain all day and portions through the next night. Hit me again a few days later and again night before last. When it kept getting worse to the point of near agony I decided it was time to revisit the hospital and a different doc has figured it might be kidney stones. Went for an x-ray and ultrasound and will follow up with my family doc via phone on Monday.
🤞They finally got it right and can sort me out! Assuming it is kidney stones, if anyone is curious to know - for me, those two episodes at least, definitely worse than labour.

Suddenly things are looking a little bit better for this year. When I thought I was just randomly throwing out my back, I was getting really scared to do much of anything. I still have to be careful because I have had back problems since I was a teen, but at least I can go back to doing my usual level of work again :woot

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kidney stones are awful (I hear), but like you said, it's better than a genuine back issue. I know a man that got thrown from his horse, and while he was at the hospital they discovered he had a kidney stone almost the size of a golf ball. Ohmylanta!
I hope yours is resolved quickly and painlessly. :hugs

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS has had kidney stones that have put him on his knees..... 2 different trips to hosp to have them broken up with the laser (????) or something. Have heard they are worse than labor.... knock on wood, never had them. Hope they can get them broken up and passed so you can get back to not hurting.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yikes. Yeah, I think it’s something like that. Maybe sound waves? Don’t know. Might be finding out later depending on what my results are.

Baby comes out to help us with chores. Mostly by “carrying” the water for us. The sheep aren’t bothered by it at all lol
It’s nice to see Kit looking so grownup. Almost can’t tell her apart from her mom at the same age. She has the lightness in her body considering she was born black, but not the silvering that Foxy has.
3B9E453E-6138-4C04-BDA5-340BBCFE7EEB.jpeg

17FFF8B8-48BE-4937-8EEF-216239DF9023.jpeg
I’ve been doing way too much thinking and planning regarding my birds and what to do with them in the future. I kind of want to start a trend of EEs made of Ameraucana and Cochin. I can’t imagine a more winter-hardy hybrid.
My Ameraucana roo appears to be lavender and I’m looking at getting some self blue (aka lavender - really wish they’d use consistent terms 🙄) Cochin chicks this spring. If what I’ve researched is right, they would give me lavender-coloured, pea-combed, bearded, feather-legged green egg layers.
Wouldn’t that be cool?
Wouldn’t have any babies until next year, but I like to plan ahead. Probably too much tbh 😋

Latest posts