Sharing housing & Pasture?

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone here house and pasture large breed goats with Nigerians? If so can you tell me how it is working out? I want to get some Nigerians, but don't want to have to build another shelter. The pasture I can divide if necessary. I have had one person tell me not to do it.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does anyone here house and pasture large breed goats with Nigerians? If so can you tell me how it is working out? I want to get some Nigerians, but don't want to have to build another shelter. The pasture I can divide if necessary. I have had one person tell me not to do it.

Southern answers this question under your statement on my journal. We will be keeping our two Lamanchas and any future Minis with our Nigerians.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a couple pygmies a couple nigi's and a bunch of Nubians and Nubian crosses all running together. In my buck pen I have a 30 lb pygmy buck along with a big ol' Nubian buck. My bucks get along better than my does!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's all about getting them accustomed to one another. Yep, mini nubs and full sized Saanen & Nubian run together here. For the most part, no issues. Now, when they do decide to be a PITA to one another, the larger ones have size in their favor. All in all, mine work it out ok.

My goats and minis even pasture together sometimes. They will basically keep to their own but no fighting, etc. Goats do nice clean-up work on weeds in the pastures :D

There are times when my buck even pastures with my minis, without does. He leaves the mares alone but if in with a stallion, he can be pushy with him. So I don't run them together.