Sheba-A Marvelous Gift

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was contacted by a person wishing to remain anonymous, with an offer of an Anatolian puppy. As I read the generous offer to BJ, we both burst into tears. Because of Sentry’s hip dysplasia and surgery and our decision not to put him through another surgery, this person felt bad for us. Needless to say, we are totally blown away by this.

So, Sheba has entered our lives, as of today. She is 11 weeks old, fawn color with a blue mask. She comes from older, mature parents, working dogs with no bad hips.

On the way home, Sheba sat in the floor for about a minute before crawling into my lap and snuggling down. She cried a few times, then settled right down.
076F3D2F-FA6B-4C0D-810B-0B202A804559.jpeg

Welcome home Sheba.

891882F9-709B-4B76-9BE0-47479811BB68.jpeg

She hesitated a moment, looking around, then came in the house. I offered her food and water, she nibbled a few bites and got a drink.

Sheba laid down at BJ’s feet after getting ear rubs.

13592B3F-65A6-4619-B7EE-85D8318BDEA5.jpeg

Then she came to me and laid at my feet.

C96255A7-0D07-4C79-851B-45D00410F2E3.jpeg

It’s been a long day, especially for a little puppy who traveled twice as far as we did. We all took a nap.

She has met Sentry, Trip and Carson. They were eager to sniff and check her out. She was a little cowed, but that was to be expected from a little girl with 3 big drooling dogs crowding around her.

I went outside to do chores, BJ went out on the porch and Sheba went on alert at this man on the porch! She barked a deep serious bark at him! He was delighted at her bravery.

She puddled the floor the minute I turned my back. I firmly said no no no no and she started crying. I hustled her outside as she peed the rest on the porch. LOL LOL I walked her around praising her, I don’t think house breaking will be a problem, I just need to stay on top of this. Here we go!

We are so grateful for Sheba. Paris is 12 years old, so we got Sentry to train and ease into the pack. We hope Paris has a long life, but reality is that every day is numbered. Then the terrible discovery of Sentry’s hip dysplasia, the following surgery and now the weak leg that dangles. Without a good leg to stand on, another surgery is out of the question. When the other hip blows out, a hard decision will be made. Having Sheba means so much to us, words are just not enough. We are Blessed.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba displayed her dominant tendencies last night. Carson and Sentry were in the house and she barked at them, demanding that they play with her. Already trying to be the boss dog. Then she saw her reflection in the glass on the TV fake fireplace console and barked at herself. I took her outside every 30 minutes and finally she squatted and peed, I praised her. At 10:30 we went out and she peed twice more. She cried a little when we went to bed, but we told to hush and she did. We are so impressed with her, never on a leash, first night away from her mommy and littermates, I really thought she would cry all night. Since we don't want puppy potty and puppy chewed up things overnight, she is in a large dog crate or kennel. Out to potty first thing this morning, then back in for breakfast and water, back out to potty, back in to play with Sentry, back out to potty, this is now my life. LOL

Sentry is very needy, he is concerned about this upstart displacing him. He needs reassurance that he is still Momma's Baby. Haha. He pricks up his ears, wrinkles up his face in deep thought, trying to figure out this new arrival. I think they will soon be good friends.