Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
that's still great growth, especially for the lousy weather we are having. I can see the ewes with triplets loosing some condition so they are getting a little tlc as in a little more grain and a lot more hay. all I ever want is a nice set of twins but i'm not going to gripe, everyone is healthy and growing
I just love the picture above. mama looks so contented to be laying there with her babies.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to run into town and wound up having to go the longer way over the hills since the flat land roads were under water. The creek that is down from our place is out of its banks and it looks like there is over two feet of water over the lower road. The folks that have been to our place might remember this view taken from a rear bedroom windo. The runoff that shows in the upper part of the pictures is over 3' deep and that is my lane going out to feed normally.
Rain 23Feb 2019.JPG
Rain2 23 Feb 2019.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That tarp on the outside has been up for more than a year. There is a tall T-post in the middle that has an old Muck boot over the top of the post to keep it from wearing. They have enough shelters in the paddocks normally but everything is saturated now so I opened up the shop area for them.

Latest posts