Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
What made us happy is that Sand Mountain Katahdins out of Alabama overall brought some of the best prices of all the consignments and their ewes sold for a low o $700 with 4 of their best bringing in $1100. Four of our ewes are from that farm.
Proof that your breeding herd has good bones!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about it other than it is home to Tennessee Technical University which is a huge school. Most of the downtown area is tied to the University in one form or another. Even the Ag Center where we had the sale today is theirs. Like any place else it has it's bad parts but overall it looked well kept and the rural area like most places in Tennessee are kept neat unless you get a neighbor like I have. :)

Thank you for the info...sounds a little too busyfor me :thumbsup

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like ya had a good time....yeh, I gotta ask...was Teresa the only passenger ya brought home with ya?....;)

We registered as a buyer but every one that I might have considered can be bought at the respective farms for a lot less dollars. We didn't take the truck but we had enough friends there that they would have transported for us if we got the urge. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
No doubt. Our herd is about as good as it gets and we are going to Record several of the ewes that were born this year plus the registered ewes are as good as any that were there. Every time I go out with them I just smile.

Edit to add We got the fecals done that we last did and the garlic is showing a reduction in eggs for the last 3 cycles. We have a bunch of ewes that have never needed worming and only have gotten garlic. I wouldn't claim that to be scientific but it works for us.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Should have taken pictures!

It was standing room only and where we were sitting didn't work for pictures. This ram is the one that went for $2800 and unfortunately, the picture doesn't do him justice.

Smith family ram.jpg