Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got all of our squash starts transplanted along with the few cantaloupes that I started. We did a couple of hills of watermelons and planted a bunch of bush beans in between the rows. I got my markers plant mixed up so we'll see what's there when the squash starts putting on fruit. :)

The potatoes are starting to flower so we should be able to get some new potatoes fairly soon.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This stay at home thing has made Teresa think about how much she wants to work away from home. Her work started as a favor for a few hours a week that grew to 30 or more hours and they were pretty labor intensive. After the stay at home effort started, she saw how much more could be done around our place so she is going to curtail most of that. She told our friend that I didn't want her to work so many hours so I'll take the blame.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I could get a sponsor I'd choose home work over away work in a heartbeat.
Everything that just gets a lick and a promise now could get the proper attention and I could really make it shine.
But strangely nobody seems to be willing to just send me a monthly check.

I'm glad Teresa will be spending more satisfying time working at home, even if it makes you look like a curmudgeon. ;)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We called a tech this morning to check out our AC unit and he came out this afternoon since he had another service call on our road. It was low on coolant (which he topped off) although he couldn't find a lead. It has been hot but the little window unit kept us comfortable.

We have lost three chickens in the last three days and although we have three cameras set up, we haven't seen the critter yet. I'm guessing a fox but we shall see if I need to spend some time in the woods.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Growing babies this time of year have them teaching young, and the appetite of the young is increasing....smaller prey ain't cuttin' it any longer......don't count owls out....they don't only hunt at night, coons too.....tho, didn't ya say cougar is showing up in that neck of the woods?