Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The crew finally showed up this morning to add gutters to the roof area over the handling area and also both sides of the 12 foot add-on that we did for the shop. When we made arrangements to have it done, the contractor was honest enough to tell us that since this was such a small project for them that they would get too it when they had a hole in their schedule but they would get to it. This isn't a complicated project but I quit doing work that requires a ladder a long time ago. :)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
The crew finally showed up this morning to add gutters to the roof area over the handling area and also both sides of the 12 foot add-on that we did for the shop. When we made arrangements to have it done, the contractor was honest enough to tell us that since this was such a small project for them that they would get too it when they had a hole in their schedule but they would get to it. This isn't a complicated project but I quit doing work that requires a ladder a long time ago. :)
Work that requires a ladder....smart man ! :old

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll go up a ladder but only so far. About got shaky and nervous last night watching Buckin' Billy Ray climb a fir (on a YouTube video) WAY up into the thin top cutting limbs as he went and leaning on his spikes and climbing rope. I'd bet it wasn't 6" in diameter when he stopped climbing and dropped the top. Then down the tree dropping 6-8' sections of the trunk as he went. The man really knows what he is doing but :barnie :hide !! Of course even when he was at the top we all know he made it back down safely, after all he's shooting and editing the videos but still. Shudder

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went back to one of the Amish farms in Ethridge to pick up more corn to process for the winter. We had a bushel last week but one of our neighbors wanted to put some up and she doesn't get around well so we gave her that batch. We noticed the last time that we were out that way that several of the Amish farms had no signs out saying they had corn so we figured that had not started harvesting yet. One of the families was coming in out of the corn field when we drove up so it doesn't get much fresher than that.

I figured most would have no idea what I meant when I said "signs" but all of those that sell or provide a service have signs at the road with what they have to offer.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have seen them in northern Indiana take a horse a buggy to a lot and then get in a school bus to pickup the kids.... :)

I haven't tried to figure out what their rules are but all of those that I have dealt with are good people. The men are a bit stand offish at first but they don't take a lot to get them to lighten up. Most of the farms we have been to had generators.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa made her version of Old Charleston Shrimp and Grits for dinner tonight. Some of the best are made in restaurants in Charleston but hers is as good as any that I have had anywhere.

To cut back on carbs a bit she only made half of the cheesey grits and made some riced cheesy cauliflower to go with it.

Shrimp and grits.JPG