Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is still a small amount that didn't come down but I'll cut that tomorrow when I do the rest. It did get a section of fence in the holding pen.

Tree down 22 June 2019.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need to plant some different kinds of trees!

That chicken sure looks good! I have a hankerin’ after some BBQ chicken. After we finish butchering the CCX I’m going to spatchcock one for the pit.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope it didn't damage it too bad, and cause ya some setback....I know ya are glad that it is no longer an issue, but had that wind zagged instead of zigged....it could have laid it down another direction for ya...:cool:.....would that be a pineapple end that Chick is sitting on?.....sweet and sour smoked chicken?....I know if it came off your smoker...it is sure Fine eatins....:drool....I'm still tasting Teresa's fried okra and those squash were Awesome!!....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The chicken is sitting on a container sold by Traeger made for holding Beer Can Chicken. You just fill it almost full of beer or just about any liquid flavor and it simmers and really makes the chicken moist.

There is one Bradford Pear tree left after this one. Originally there was 9 but I cut down the rest of them since they were in places that I had other plans for.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a whole day without rain so I got caught up on my mowing. I cut the neighbors 2 acres and all of the grass outside the fence which takes a little over three hours. I wanted to get that done so I can tackle the pear tree that is down tomorrow in the morning before it gets hot and humid.

On a side note, we have one ewe lamb that I was about ready to write off as she was showing all of the signs of being within hours of death. We gave her a shot of Dectomax and iron three days ago and she is acting completely normal now. She will be a cull anyway for several reasons but I would rather sell her at market as burn her. This is the third time we have used that med to save a sheep that was close to passing. It is pricey and about the price of what you will get out of one lamb but it does do the job when the other wormers don't seem to do anything. It is off-label for sheep though.

Latest posts