Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow @Mike CHS, sheep look great. You have a really great program.

Also congrats on over 700 pages in this journal. That is a real testament to your program and willingness to share your knowledge.

I did have to look up what you meant. Single guy here...:rolleyes:

Thank you. A major part of that 700 pages was renovating a place that probably should have been torn down but the wife and I enjoued doing it and love the place we now have. The creatures that share our place with us truly makes all of the work and expense truly worth the effort.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We just got abck from the vets after picking up the pup (they named him Solas) that got fixed yesterday. Teresa was inside his kennel putting up the divider since he doesn't need that much room yet. His living situation in South Carolina is going require that he be crated a few hours at a time so we are getting him used to it here. Our other dogs use crates to sleep in at night but the doors are never closed. He has been left loose here except during the night since he keeps getting in trouble because of his appetite for shoes.

Solas crate.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya'll are doing this pup a world of good!

We hope so. He is making it easy as most things (except shoes) that he gets in to is stopped with one command. We picked up some No Chew to spray on a few that will hopefully break that. He just doesn't get a lot of time unsupervised that has shoes laying out. :) In the short time he has been here he has all of the basic commands down and of course training him with the other two around makes it easy. He even picked up on a couple of herding commands just by following Lance.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had some pears that were getting ripe and there were too many to eat in a short time so I cut up and sauteed them along with some chopped onion, salt, pepper and Thyme. I then sauteed some pork chops until done and added the fruit and onions to heat it back up then let it cool a bit and added some Blue Cheese dressing. I usually use blue cheese crumbles but we were out but the dressing was just as good. If you like blue cheese, give this one a shot because it is really good.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mel found the hot wire this morning while I was out watering the cows. I heard this terrible sound the like of which I had never heard before and when I looked over to see what it was, Mel was running full speed away from the fence. I had no idea that a dog that big could move that fast. The spot that he got it was the same spot that knocked me on my rear a couple of years ago. The ground is saturated and the charge is at it's highest in that area.

Latest posts