Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got caught up again! So many changes. Hope you get everything figured out for Teresa. Amazing that you have Mel now. I’ll try to catch that story. How much longer will you have Solas and what is his story?

I’ll try to get an update posted on my journal for all that are curious.

Solas was one of 5 pups from a rescue litter that a friend was re-homing. She found homes for the others and Teresa mentioned the pup to her son in Charleston. They had been planning on coming to visit in late October so they said they wanted him since they had been wanting a German Shepherd for some time. So we took him to get him socialized and some basic training done. Work requirements at the son's job has been fluid to say the least so that visit has been put off to January sometime since the family is all meeting at daughters home in Reno the middle of this month. Looking forward to your update.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was stepping over various dog parts last night and decided to show how the dogs take up most of the available space in the evening. They have all been out in the training pen all day so they will crash tonight.
Dogs in liing room 26 Nov 2019.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
JMike was off of school today and called and asked if we had any work for him. I had him come over and we spent a couple of hours cutting trees/brush on the treeline I've been working on. I hit dirt a couple of times so we quit so I could sharpen the chain. The son's family is going to take an old golf cart that we have so we pressure washed that, then the driveway, the siding on the house and Teresa's car. To finish off she had him help clean the chicken coops and a couple of other things after I went out for chores so it was a productive day. I'm hoping we will have enough cleared before long to use a full 330' roll of fence that we already have. After that I have two partial rolls of wire that I can splice together for just about another full roll after more trees get cut down.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike, you sure do have some beautiful dogs....or rugs. :D Do they help you herd the sheep? I've always wanted to have a working herding dog....LOVE watching those dogs work!

We had a couple of years training both but since the Aussie never could learn how to go in slow she doesn't get any work. The Border Collie is a pleasure to work but the way we are laid out he only gets to drive. He gets more time working outside the fence than in as we let the herd out to eat on the neighbors grass and ours in the lanes so he gets to be the big boy keeping them where they need to be. :)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yours dogs must talk to my dogs
1124191951.jpg

Thats a full size couch with Kora on the end, then Gerald the catdog and then issac....then me crammed at the end with jojo laying on my right leg, cause issacs head was on my left leg. So roomy and comfy at our house :lol:
Yes the cat lays on the dogs....no the dogs dont mind at all and love him.
1003190601-1.jpg

The catdog using kora's front legs as a sofa.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a fairly long training session for the Shepherd pup this morning both inside the house and outside. Inside works well because he can mimic Sassy and Lance. When we have had a good session inside, I take him outside to do more to make sure it translates well for him when he is by himself working. The first picture is of some 'stay' training with all 3 of them and he even does well when I break up some animal crackers and give them a piece individually. He learned quickly that you stay until a piece is handed to him. The second picture is of Solas sound asleep after a work session. :)

Teresa keeps telling me to not take so many pictures when the sheets are on the furniture but with 5 shedding dogs in and out, I'll leave them alone for now. :)

Stay training 27 Nov 2019.JPG
The three dogs2.JPG

Latest posts